Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Puritans

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Portrait
Akron
Registered user
Alcoholic

Last page view:

8077 days, 23 hours, 22 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 30, 2001 at 18:26 (GMT -5)

Of course those ADOM puritans(I don't know how many of those exist) can do what they want and restrict their "scumming" as much as they like. If they consider that it is fun. Or if they are playing ADOM for some other reasons than fun maybe they should get a life. But I'm sure none of you is true ADOM puritan here which is very good.

I think it's OK to make a backup save because I've noticed that v1.00 isn't that stable. I've had three crashes in v1.00 and one of them was signal291, just couple of hours ago. I don't know about other two, one happened when I was in ToEF with trollish barbarian. I tried to (l)ook at the item pile on the floor when message "could not create item" appeared and screen scrolled down with lot of text in it. I think the last one was somekind of duplicate artifact error, but can't say for sure.

I've lost a couple of L50 PCs in the mana temple because of Nuurag-Vaarn's Death Ray and my own stupidity, and that bugs me a lot 'cause I've gotten so far already. But when I lose promising L12 PC who has just found 7LBoots due to some error that just makes me more frustrated and makes me think is ADOM worth it? (Of course it is.)

"Cruel Akron, bloody bastard I now spit on you. You can turn my bones to black ash but I will move the moon. I will light your evil kingdom and your heart will burn in flames. Mutilated or dismembered, we'll soon rise to eat your brains! -Warrior of Ice"
Iridia
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2002 at 23:40 (GMT -5)

With ground rules, I think keeping a save file is OK. I copy a save file whenever a char reaches lev. 12, 25, 35, 45, and 50, and hope I have the self control not to use it unless the game crashes.

So far 1.0.0 has crashed about five times on my computer (Windows)--it's worth it not to lose a good character to a computer bug. (BTW, two of the crashes were when I used the "drop everything with unknown status" command. Is that significant?)
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7902 days, 7 hours, 49 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Friday, January 11, 2002 at 11:47 (GMT -5)

Hmm... Could be. Did you get a signal 291 bug after dropping everything with unknown status? If so, I have a slight belif that the signal 291 bug is related to the message handling. Buffer-overflow or something like that. Those few times when ADOM have crashed for me with signal 291, I have either plowed through tons of monsters surrounding me = tons of messages, or have had a few longer messages displayed while moving around normally.

Just my thoughts 'bout the signal 291 bug. And I know this is OT but anyway. :)

Locke Cole

Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, January 11, 2002 at 18:51 (GMT -5)

Yup, that's it. You might be onto something with the message thing. Has anyone reported it?
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7902 days, 7 hours, 49 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 12, 2002 at 21:16 (GMT -5)

No report on this AFAIK. I'll bring it up in the NG I think, ot heard what other people say about it.

Locke Cole
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5833 days, 13 hours, 14 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2002 at 23:12 (GMT -5)

Hrmmm... i've only see adom version 1 crash once - werewolf king corpse. "Hey i bet that werewolf king bug has gotten fixed by now. Yummy!"

It seems strange that everyone has crash problems and i don't... 291's are very common on rgra. - never gotten one.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Kurupt
Registered user
Random ADOM player #56326

Last page view:

7991 days, 19 hours, 2 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 16, 2002 at 12:29 (GMT -5)

Same here,except I've never seen ADOM Version 1 crash...ever.Maybe I'm just lucky.

Woman : If I was your wife,I'd poison your coffee.
Man : If you were my wife,I would drink it.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5666 days, 12 hours and 27 minutes ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 16, 2002 at 20:10 (GMT -5)

i've gotten one 291, and it was at a friends house. dropped a bunch of junk on an alter... 291. IMO it must have something to do with Win98, as i use 95 and have never gotten a 291.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3759 days, 9 hours, 7 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 17, 2002 at 02:19 (GMT -5)

I use Win2000, and I regularly get 291s, just about every time I drop more than 20 items at a time, mostly with the "drop all" command.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5666 days, 12 hours and 27 minutes ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 17, 2002 at 03:01 (GMT -5)

i got the 291 at my friends house when i used the "drop all unknown status" command on an altar.
maybe it's with Win98+...

ivan.sourceforge.net

Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, March 17, 2002 at 12:36 (GMT -5)

You can get them with win95... maybe newer windozes are just more crashprone
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: