Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / other Mindcraft questions.

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

*cobaltofdoom*
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 at 01:35 (GMT -5)

1) mindcraft PP are determined by Willpower right? anything else that afects them?

2) any tactics on avoiding touching the minds of chaos creatures and especialy undead. and tactics on how to defeat them.

3) telekenic blast probably doesnt negate enemy armor right? any good ways to increase damage of it other then increasing willpower?

ive been playing for 6 years but never got around to mindcraft because the cha died so easily but now after a couple ultimates this could be interesting.
*cobaltofdoom*
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 at 01:48 (GMT -5)

oh and whats a better race for mindcraft? no mater what combo i get they only have maybe 10 PP to start out with.
Does mana afect their PP?
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5150 days, 18 hours, 20 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 at 08:35 (GMT -5)

Mana does indeed affect PP.
Its the prime stat for it, willpower is just some extra PP (and HP).
10 to start isnt that bad, once you hit level 2 there should be enough to work with.
*cobaltofdoom*
Registered user

Last page view:

6829 days, 16 hours, 2 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 at 22:56 (GMT -5)

ok so both wiz and mindcraft use mana as primary PP and Wil to gauge damage and range...
So why does it say Magic and Mindcraft dont mix very well in the manual? seems like the mindcrafter would just not get the % off spells that wizzards do.
OH AND i dont supose the horoscopes where they say 20% off spell costs applies to mindcraft?

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/31/2005 at 23:05 (GMT -5) by *cobaltofdoom*]
Möwe
Registered user

Last page view:

6617 days, 18 hours, 29 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 at 01:26 (GMT -5)

Because mindcrafters have really difficulties learning spells. Just try to read a blessed spellbook of light a few times and you'll see.
Mindcraft just works so totally different from magic that they don't understand it well or something.
Once you did manage to learn a spell it works fine of course.

And the 20% off spell costs applies only to spells of course.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5150 days, 18 hours, 20 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 at 03:11 (GMT -5)

Hint: Theres a failsafe method for learning spells without reading books....
*cobaltofdoom*
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 at 03:25 (GMT -5)

objects of wonder? like drinking potions?

you cant mean book casting because you have to know the spell first...
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3907 days, 10 hours and 42 minutes ago.
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 at 04:42 (GMT -5)

If mindcrafters would learn spells as effectively as a wizard they would be incredibly powerful
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5622 days, 19 hours, 22 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 at 05:06 (GMT -5)

*cod*: Exactly. Drinking a potion of wonder or zapping a wand of wonder will teach a mindcrafter a spell which can be then cast no problem. With luck even a mindcrafter Archmage should be possible (but would require insane luck).

Morio: Yeah, having both mindcraft and spells available would make mindcrafters insanely powerful. I guess the reason they are so poor at learning spells by reading books is to stop them from becoming TOO powerful. Nevertheless, a LV50 mindcrafter with all stats at 99 would be terrifyingly powerful.

Oh, and about your sig: Vixen, Love is a Killer, Right ? Love that song.
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3907 days, 10 hours and 42 minutes ago.
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 at 07:35 (GMT -5)

Oh yeah, it's in that song too, but I don't remember from where I've taken it.
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 at 20:07 (GMT -5)

Mindcrafters start physicly frail, but can become pretty tough. They don't get as bad of a weapon penalty, and they don't need to carry around a ton of spellbooks either.
Using TK-blast and whatnot works on anything. The Sword of Nonnak is a good artifact to have (I can never remember where to get it...) and good armor and missile weapons.
*cobaltofdoom*
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 at 20:22 (GMT -5)

in the necromancers vault in grave
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4947 days, 18 hours, 5 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 at 04:58 (GMT -5)

Mindcrafter are incredibly strong once they gain levels. I favor dark elf mindcrafters, mostly they get 2 good skills (find weakness and alertness) and they have pretty high mana initially.

I had once incredibly powerful lvl 50 dark elf mindcrafter who had all the orbs, had GM in polearms and was wielding TotRR. On my way out of the library, a dragon dropped BoW :). I thought I was invincible. The Gorgon that petrified me on the next level proved I was wrong. I all but wept then... One of my most missed characters.
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5622 days, 19 hours, 22 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 at 06:08 (GMT -5)

Ashandarei: I know the feeling. I had a potential game winner beastfighter who got deathrayed by an unseen ki-rin deep in the CoC.
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
N
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, May 15, 2005 at 21:28 (GMT -5)

YASDs....yeah. They happen.

Mindcrafters have to use their powers to make up for less-than spectacular melee qualities. But don't worry too much about PP. My level 15 Dark Elf with Mana 20 has about 150+. Plus, they get nice PP abilities alter on.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: