Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Do you care about the Day90?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Questioner
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, April 11, 2005 at 04:14 (GMT -5)

Assuming you are going for a normal win, how much does the 90 day penalty affect your playing style? Anyone ignore it and instead take your time to havest, scum items etc?
How much does the double penalty affect your characters compared to one that is aiming before day 90?
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5141 days, 17 hours, 52 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 11, 2005 at 07:42 (GMT -5)

I ignore.
For a normal win, there are so many guaranteed chaos resistance scrolls and cure corruption potions that I never have problems. The corrutpion on the surface levels (after day 90) pale in comparison to the heavy corruption on the deep CoC levels.

So I spend as much time on the surface as I feel I need, but then try to hurry through the lower CoC
lurking tongHoAnh
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, April 11, 2005 at 08:10 (GMT -5)

I ignore.
As far as I know, many people who are skilled enough to finish the game regularly would finish it within 90 days anyway.
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4955 days, 22 hours, 21 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 11, 2005 at 13:41 (GMT -5)

Actually, when i start to think about the day 90 limit i'm usually at day 120 or so, so I guess you can say I ignore it rather heavily. If I notice it at all, that is.
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1226 days, 5 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 11, 2005 at 16:08 (GMT -5)

I don't think i've even survived to day 45 yet, so heh. No I don't think about it at all. I rush through, but thats because im an idiot, and it usually kills me.
Portrait
Naiyor
Registered user

Last page view:

1885 days, 7 hours, 31 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 12, 2005 at 17:20 (GMT -5)

I don't really pay attention. I will try to get as much of the level exploration done ASAP to reduce the amount of corruption I get diving the CoC. but If I am not going to finish the game before day 89 I have all the time in the world...more so with a GE Wizard with the long-lived talent. hehe
Dalrok
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, April 12, 2005 at 18:23 (GMT -5)

I explore the whole map in every level (exceptions are cavernous levels deep down in CoC and minotaur maze). Other than that I try to minimize wandering in the wilderness so I'm often done before 90 days even without the seven league boots. My last victory was weird - didn't use any corruption removal at all except for the unicorn horn before leaving the Chain. Corruption hasn't really been problem for my ultimate attemptions either, because they get to save Khelavaster and gain some extra SoCR. In fact my best ultimate winner entered Chaos plane with almost 20 SoCRs in his inventory...

In my opinion it would be nice if corrupting would be faster (not deep in CoC, but elsewhere), but some people want to do many things on their chars before winning so they might not like the idea.
lurking tongHoAnh
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2005 at 10:27 (GMT -5)

It happened to me once (the best char) that corruption is strangely ways so slow that the first corruption popped up on D:39. Btw, the first half of 90 days seems to be passing quickly to me. I usually finish only 1/3 the game by then.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3898 days, 10 hours, 14 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 16, 2005 at 07:37 (GMT -5)

I usually close the gate around day 50-70, and a bit later if going for an ultra
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
LordFrederick
Registered user

Last page view:

6815 days, 1 hour, 9 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2005 at 05:50 (GMT -5)

!!!

Lucifer, the dark elven paladin, transformed into an avatar of Order.
He scored 9273702 points and advanced to level 50.
He survived for 1 year, 152 days, 8 hours, 0 minutes and 27 seconds (373836 turns).

this was my fastest ULE.

50-70 days? at that mark im usually poking around the Air Temple.
LordFrederick
Registered user

Last page view:

6815 days, 1 hour, 9 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2005 at 06:04 (GMT -5)

Then again, i guess when i go for ultra endings i play my characters with surgical care.

I stop to train weapon skills in the wilderness (food is never a problem- Guth'alak = herbalism = limitless food), scum for equipment in ID (I seem to remember AoLS and me have NEVER gotten along. i would always spend [real life] days looking for one), etc.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: