Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / stats how?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

*cobaltofdoom*
Registered user

Last page view:

6824 days, 4 hours, 27 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 12, 2005 at 18:07 (GMT -5)

i know gardening really helps stats some herbs make you able to grow your stats higher and some equation of money gets you to increase stats potential with the dwarf trainer but how many of those damned blessed herbs do you need? i never saw too much of a diference.
and somepeople say their speed got to 1000 .. how? all the quickling tree gave me was 250
the only time i got 99 stats was wit ha 40lvl wiz after closing the gate i just scavenged the blue dragon caves for PoGA and the right things to make them with alchemy

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/12/2005 at 18:09 (GMT -5) by *cobaltofdoom*]
Portrait
Krusty
Registered user
the clown

Last page view:

5590 days, 17 hours, 23 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2005 at 01:06 (GMT -5)

As far as I know, morgia root of any status when eaten exercises Wi and To to around 25. "U"sing moss of marelion either uncursed or blessed will exercise Dx to around 25.

Actually I find gardening one of the most useless skills in the game. (I assume you meant the skill?) I used to only play PCs that started with either herbalism, healing or both, but these days I find that I can quite happily go without herbalism too....sorry I'm getting OT...

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/13/2005 at 01:16 (GMT -5) by Krusty]
*cobaltofdoom*
Registered user

Last page view:

6824 days, 4 hours, 27 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2005 at 04:51 (GMT -5)

no i mean i had 99 mana but yeah... no idea on the 1000 speed though?
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3120 days, 20 hours, 20 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2005 at 08:47 (GMT -5)

Blessed Potions of Boost Speed? Or if one is an Archmage, then just wish for potions of quickling blood several times, you'll get to the 1000 speed, and maybe to 3500 which is the highest usefull speed (don't think there's any ability that requires more then 3500 energy points).
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5617 days, 7 hours, 47 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2005 at 09:09 (GMT -5)

Maelstorm: IME potions of boost speed don't give permanent speed increase, or only rarely give a tiny one. True, they give a momentary huge boost to speed, but once it runs out you're back to normal.

Also, IME wishing for potions of speed is better than wishing for speed, though this was in 1.0.0. Wishing for speed directly gave a huge temporary increase, but just a tiny permanent increase.

In my beastfighter winner game the char had a final permanent speed of some 600-700 mostly from quickling scumming in the wilderness. Could've been much higher, but I was getting deadly bored with that (and that may usually prove fatal in ADOM) so I decided to finish with a victory while I still could.
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5145 days, 6 hours, 45 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 at 05:12 (GMT -5)

Quickling blood is a sure way of permanent speed. Corpses can give, and less chance of giving as your speed goes higher. But it can be done with a bit of perseverence. And willpower (player's, not the PC's)
tongHoAnh
Registered user
adoomed

Last page view:

6630 days, 15 hours, 36 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 at 07:05 (GMT -5)

Based on Twinge, the chance to gain speed from corpes drop dramatically after 180. Blessed quickling blood are best at this. You can get infinitive of these via wishing engines. You havent done the Rift, I assume?. There is a guaranteed Wish book there.
My RL dumpyard:

http://www.geocities.com/ceruleannebula/index.html

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: