Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / ToME-Tales of Middle Earth

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

JCool14
Registered user

Last page view:

6515 days, 14 hours, 42 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2005 at 15:09 (GMT -5)

First of all, this has nothing to do with the RL, since I haven't even played it. I have tried to get this RPG going for a while now, on many sites, and it always gets lost. Everyone stops coming, that sort of thing. Anyway... This is set between the periods of "The Hobbit" and "The LoTR", so it doesn't have anything to do with either of them. To start, I'll post my character.

Name: Taurandir (This means "Forest Wanderer" in elvish, not sindarin)
Race: Half-Elf, his mother was half-elven, his father elven, making him 1/4 human and 3/4 elven (If my math is correct)
Description: (I've been working on it, though I have yet to write down a permanent sheet (might be a good idea though;-))

Taurandir was born in a quiet village in the Forest of Avernien. The small town never had anything exciting happen there. The only noticable feature in the near vicinity, was the High Elven Council, founded over 5 centuries ago. He never fit in with the surrounding elves, as nearly every single elf in the town were pure elves. In fact the only other half-elf that he ever met, got lost in the dreaded forest and was found dead a week later, having been eaten by wolves. His father was a great master in the history of his people. His mother, a simple maid who fixed garments, and made everything that could be used around the house. At 15, his neighbor was found dead, stabbed while in bed. All the other neighbors who rather disliked him, accused him of the murder. The elf was convicted and banned from the forest of Avernien.

The elf never left the dark forest... instead he made himself at home in the roots of the giant trees. His father was once a warrior in the battle between Aernien and an orcish raid, so he had learned to use the sword just as his father had. He hunted for food, living off of the woodland creatures that thrived there.

One day, he was found with a stab wound to his chest. His body had been thrown in a creek, and washed up on the bank. The lady who found him, took him to her father, who brought him back to health. The man was a great Ranger, a warrior, who was very skilled with the sword and bow. Feeling sorry for the boy, they took him in, and trained him to become a fully learned ranger, taught by the best. He has spent the last 20 years roaming the forest, and traveling to wherever he pleased. (Sorry for the long desc.)

Carrying: A short Sword, an elven long bow, crafted from Magic Yew, the strongest tree available, a quiver, a small pouch of gold, and a small pack at his side, filled with extra food.

Wearing: Light leather armour, studded leather chaps, leather boots, a waterproof black cloak, and a gold emblem, with a jewel encrested in it, holding his cloak together at the neck.

Alright, now the setting. A map of Beleriand and the lands to the north (Can be found on the internet, and in "The Silmarillion") will be helpful. The current setting is at the bank of the river "Esgalduin" in the forest of Neldoreth. What Taurandir is doing there will be revealed later. Post if you want to join. Enjoy!

Oh wait, Rules, Sheesh:
1. No god-modding, very unfair to others
2. Original characters please. A slight relationship to a book character is allowed, but to a limit.
3. Magic is allowed, but remember that exaustion from a spell is a must, to prevent a single character from getting all the attention.
4. If you are going to get hurt, please don't make yourself the center of attention, there are others too.
5. Please make good distinctions between OOC and IC.
6. Have fun!

Okay, done, phew. Time to cool my fingers off.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/17/2005 at 15:11 (GMT -5) by JCool14]
ivoryknight
Registered user
Lord of the Piano

Last page view:

5673 days, 6 hours, 14 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 21:44 (GMT -5)

Is this story ongoing anywhere in the forum? It sounds interesting, and I'd like to know if it got off the ground.
You play a wrong note...your master incinerates you with a firebolt.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: