Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Ratling Master Thief?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Fury
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2005 at 18:55 (GMT -5)

Damn you Thrundarr. Any ideas how best to find one of these?

Portrait
Shihna
Registered user
Takai Shisha

Last page view:

6236 days, 3 hours, 7 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2005 at 19:34 (GMT -5)

Haha, that sucks...
You just have to run around in the dungeons until you randomly find one. It could take quite a while though, so (if you're strong enough) you could just kill Thrundarr, pull the lever, and hastily dash down the stairs (helps a lot if you have teleport and teleport control).
Portrait
einherjar
Registered user

Last page view:

6834 days, 5 hours, 58 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2005 at 19:59 (GMT -5)

They show up once in a while in the Big Room.
May thy wisdom be omnipresent.
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, April 18, 2005 at 04:00 (GMT -5)

Umm was the lever quest a random monster one? I thought it was the graveyard, and you can take that one whenever you want :\
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3899 days, 8 hours, 22 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 18, 2005 at 09:35 (GMT -5)

Warlord* is right, it's the graveyard quest that opens the gate in the CoC.
I would also recommend the big room. Almost always the random creature can be found there
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4956 days, 20 hours, 30 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 18, 2005 at 15:54 (GMT -5)

If you're not afraid of roaming in the DH, it's a good place to find them rare monsters the old git assigns you to kill. Of course, you will be assigned to another monster, but in my experience, it's almost always something you find pretty much everywhere.
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5142 days, 16 hours, 1 minute and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 at 04:49 (GMT -5)

Sargoth: If you HIT the animated forest (50% chance) or PASS the DH, you have to do another random. But I think you can enter the DH without ruining the second quest. Theres no way of telling DH from forest though...

At least thats what I always thought. Could be wrong though. I dont think Ive ever gone down from the level with two down staircases without doing first quest.

You could check the rift dungeon for monsters too. Especially the cavernous levels, should be able to level up some there too. Theres some corruption there though, but can't have it all can we.

Oh yeah mid-id is okay to hang out in. level 18-19 or so for generating interesting items as well. I think I would do that if given ratling master thief.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/19/2005 at 05:04 (GMT -5) by Molach]
thedrin#
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 at 12:05 (GMT -5)

Ratling master thieves are not that rare so rare that you should be orried about never finding one. If the worst comes to the worst go to the tomb of the high king.
Fury
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2005 at 18:59 (GMT -5)

Yup. Found one sure enough after wandering aimlessly for a while (I believe it was D:11 or so). In the continuing good luck tales of poor hapless Yellowtail, L21 High Elven Wizard check this out:

I'm sure everyone has tales like this, but I wanted to share...

I had given up hope of saving Kelly...no graves left to dig, nowhere left to go, sick to the gills of Gremlin scumming (2500 or so) so I said "to heck with it" and decided to try for conventional end.

While killing the Servants around Kelly, a RoDS drops. You can only imagine how pleased I was >:)
alex_rs
Registered user
ahah ADOM lamer

Last page view:

6926 days, 6 hours, 58 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2005 at 14:43 (GMT -5)

i have found MANY rmt on puppys cave: 6 and one or to in id:12....
alex_rs™

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: