Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Strange message?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Nate
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 at 20:29 (GMT -5)

i was exploring the fortress-like city and my corruption power of teleportation teleported me into a seret room becasue i tried to tele on top of someone else. inside this secret room there was a strange messge on a scroll which read:

dear lubaf,

i am sorry to disapoint you but you wont be able to find the scroll of omnipotence in this place.
i have hidden it more effectively
you will need to find the red rooster at dawn.
then you will encounter the final chalenge.

with passionate hate,

Alhacrast, overlord of jak-nagiur

what on earth is this supposed to mean? what is the scroll of omnipotence? what is this rooster thing and does this scroll refer to the end of the game?

on a small side note there was another scroll there which corrupted me when i read it
Portrait
pernicion
Registered user
High Pernicion

Last page view:

6226 days, 17 hours, 28 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 at 21:11 (GMT -5)

If you really want to know go here

http://www.andywlms.com/adom/adomgb-toc.html
(major cheat/help site)

Yes, It refers to 'an' end. Not the only one.

Was the scroll cursed when you read it??

It's not a good idea to read or use cursed objects.
The kobold cringes in pain

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/27/2005 at 21:12 (GMT -5) by pernicion]
*cobaltofdoom*
Registered user

Last page view:

6824 days, 4 hours, 3 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 at 21:31 (GMT -5)

hey nate! well the strange message doesnt really give you TOO much of a hint on the big side of things (if you dont want to go to the spoily site)
and the scroll you read was cursed and will always be cursed when you pick it up from that room. bless it first and it will be VERY usefull later. does the opposite of course then the cursed one
Nate
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 at 23:51 (GMT -5)

oh ok thats interesting to know. im not gunna look at those spoilers tho cause i want to get as far as possible in the game first lol

even tho i have already been backing up my save files (which i dont think i am supposed to do) way to often lol

oh ya, and how do you beat the top room of that pyramid. im a lvl 15 drakish healer if that helps but the room is full of seemingly invincable monsters... is there anyway to do this?
Portrait
pernicion
Registered user
High Pernicion

Last page view:

6226 days, 17 hours, 28 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 at 01:48 (GMT -5)

Fire is good against mummy bandages and their dry flesh.

You'll want a good weapon or two and good armour to do it with a healer.

The kobold cringes in pain
Portrait
Nate
Registered user

Last page view:

6790 days, 16 hours, 14 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 at 03:32 (GMT -5)

fire eh? ill have to see if i can find some

ok next question. what goes thumb thumb thumb thumb thumb thumb... etc?
i found this thing that goes thumb thumb (cant work out what it is) on what could be the final lvl of the dungoen with the dwarf city inside it and all the monsters that spawn on this lvl of the dungeon are too tough for me to handle. there is another way to go but that way threre is a huge forest of living trees. this game is really stumping me, it is so tough for noobies

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/28/2005 at 03:35 (GMT -5) by Nate]
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 at 03:47 (GMT -5)

Thumb thumb? Was it Dorn beast? Get a tension room of those moving around, talk about slooooooow playing.

You can go through the forrest, just don't hit ANY of the trees, most of them won't care about you, but if you attack one...

The hard area you are was the DH, dwarven halls, and they spawn high level monsters, low level chars should be very careful there. Slip past while invisible can help.
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5617 days, 7 hours, 24 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 at 04:31 (GMT -5)

Nate: Thumb (I guess you mean *THUMB*) refers to a greater moloch or a (greater) titan on the level. These guys are quite tough cookies for anything but the toughest PC:s. GMs are slow but hit like 16 tons of bricks and are hard to hurt without penetrating weapons or spells.

Warlord: dorn beasts make *HURUMPH* sound, not *THUMB*

The forest may really be easier, though quite annoying to get through. Wearing two shields and using coward tactics should see one through relatively easily. The DH is a lot worse and made worse in that it contains not just one but two levels to get through.
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Portrait
Nate
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 at 05:50 (GMT -5)

so thats what it was. it was getting quite annoying really.

next question. i was sitting on a corruption trap and activating it cause i wanted to test the activate trap command. of coarse i got slightly aligned to chaos and i gained the power of teleportation (as i mentionted using in the first post). sice then i found another coruption trap and after activating it i gained the power to heal faster, absorb magic, attack with poison damage and i think one other thing.

what is with that! i thought that corruption was supposed to be a bad thing yet by the looks of it corruption is a very usefull thing.

should i continually use the corruption trap to pump me full of chaos?

also is there and end to the powers i can get from using it (im afraid to go any further in case i turn into a whirling mass of chaos or something)
Z
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 at 07:25 (GMT -5)

Seek the mad minstrel and listen to a song about corruption. Corruption is quite hard to remove (and if you don't and absorb too much, you die), so you usually should avoid it.

Teleportation : if you lose your teleport control, or try to read a difficult book, you will hate it...

Heal faster : you lose appearance and dexterity (?)...

Absorb magic : it's harder to use wands now...

Poison hands : it's harder to eat and drink potions...
Portrait
Nate
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 at 07:43 (GMT -5)

oh. really!

thats a bit sad cause i probably screwed up this character badly then

um and for some reason i have a natrually occuring teleportaion control (dont ask me why)

this thread's name should reaally be changed to "noob questions" or something

next question. how can i get the rewards from the quests i do. the npcs always just seem to say well done or whateva. infact the only reward i remember actually getting given was that yrigs game me a tome that let me learn bridge building.. and im sure ive done more quests than that
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5617 days, 7 hours, 24 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 at 08:22 (GMT -5)

Nate: you can gain teleport control from several sources. Seeing that this is not spoiler group...

Spoiler

1. Mindcrafters have natural TC right from start
2. Eating a blink dog corpse grants TC
3. Drinking from fountains may grant TC

Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
*cobaltofdoom*
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 at 08:34 (GMT -5)

thats ok theres a billion things in this game i have heavely scumed it before as well

but the billion things is what makes it neat :D

oh and just about EVERY curuption has a down side some drain your stats slowly like the healing one some are just annoying sometimes.. the teleport and poison hands others just make you consume and need to eat a hell of a lot more.. you can deal with them all it just depends what you want to do with the game. oh and you turn into a mass of chaos if you get too corupted

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/28/2005 at 08:36 (GMT -5) by *cobaltofdoom*]
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3120 days, 19 hours, 56 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 at 10:26 (GMT -5)

Not EVERY corruption. Being Thin and Nible doesn't have any down sides.
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
Nate
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 at 19:33 (GMT -5)

ok but what about the quest reward question?
*cobaltofdoom*
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 at 20:07 (GMT -5)

"just about every" i believe i said :P
anyways the rewards for early quests arent very much or depend on the way you do them as for material rewards you get better ones starting with the dwarf and the more advanced quests
like if you manage to kill the raider lord and the crime lord your reward is a little better
see what hapens when the raider lord corpse gets droped you should bring it to the sheriff if you get it.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: