Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Rate these artifacts

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5836 days, 1 hour, 16 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 at 14:20 (GMT -5)

For me:

Bracers of war: 10/10, nuff said
Wyrm lance: 9/10, excellent weapon
Rune-covered trident: 8.5/10 Hard to obtain but great
Vanquisher: 9.75/10 You get instakilled by RNG's wrath that you got a goddish weapon
Silver key: 6.5/10, easy to get an alternative, You'll find lots of keys
Brannalbinns Cloak of Def: 7.875/10, good cloak, but there's better at lvl40
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
LordFrederick
Registered user

Last page view:

6823 days, 18 hours, 10 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 at 17:45 (GMT -5)

If its not posted here it means i agree with you.

Wyrm lance: 5/10 good early game weapon, pales in comparison to trident.
Rune-covered trident: 7/10 How is it hard to obtain? Not great in itself, but good. (im a huge onehandedwep/shield fan)
Silver key: 1/10 plenty plenty of alternatives. unlocking doors isnt something you should have trouble with past the earlygame.

Brannalbinns Cloak of Def: One of two artifact cloaks. Never got it before.
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5622 days, 11 hours, 55 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 at 00:32 (GMT -5)

BoW: 10/10. Easily one of the best artifacts in the game, if not the best. Regeneration, criticals, luck, stun/confusion/death ray resistance and some Dx as well. Good enough to warrant stealing them from the hoard of the GWD.

Wyrmlance: 8/10. Not bad, but slayings limited to dragons. Decent damage and not too heavy but two handed limits its usefulness a bit.

RCT: 9/10. Nice stats but usually received quite late in game. If one was well-trained in polearms this could make a decent D50 weapon seeing as it is a demon slayer.

Vanquisher: 10/10. Absolutely amazing with all those slays, though quite heavy. But is it even possible to get it with other classes than barbarian ?

Silver key: 1/10. Absolutely useless. Is very rare (IIRC I haven't seen it once) and there is usually a plentitude of keys in mid/late game.

BCoD: 7/10. Decent values and resistances, but one usually has most resistances by mid/end game anyways. Invisibility is nice especially in D50, but it increases food consumption.
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Portrait
Shihna
Registered user
Takai Shisha

Last page view:

6243 days, 21 hours, 59 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 at 02:14 (GMT -5)

BoW: 10/10 Come on...you have to love these...

Wyrmlance: 7/10 Eh...it's a pretty good weapon, but I don't really like the 2-handed bit.

Rune-covered Trident: 7/10 Considerably powerful, but sorta annoying to get, and it comes in a bit too late to be worth the trouble (unless you're aiming for the ending). Heh, still don't like the 2-handed aspect -_-'

Vanquisher: 9.5/10 Really nice weapon, but RNG seems to shoot you down right after getting Vanquisher. Haha...and the 2-handed wielding isn't so great...(What can I say? I usually play double wielding assassin...)

Silver Key: 3/10 Not exactly the greatest of artifacts, but it still has a use if you don't have a certain key or don't wanna bother with carrying more than one key. Sorta nice though, since it won't break on you ^^

BCoD: 7/10 Usually ends up being rather useless since almost all characters will gain the resistances anyway. Invisibility's pretty cool, but most of the time I already have invisibility from something else.
LordFrederick
Registered user

Last page view:

6823 days, 18 hours, 10 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 at 15:02 (GMT -5)

"Rune-covered Trident: 7/10 Considerably powerful, but sorta annoying to get, and it comes in a bit too late to be worth the trouble (unless you're aiming for the ending). Heh, still don't like the 2-handed aspect -_-'"

Are you sure youre not confusing this with the trident of the red rooster?

Spoiler
Both you and battle bunny mentioned the rune covered trident to be hard to get. All you have to do is talk to the GWD and its auto delivered... albeit a bit late in the game for nonravens. Its auto-guarunteed. You can't control when you get it, but theres nothing hard at all about it.

It is not required for any sort of special ending. "(unless you're aiming for the ending)" thats what made me think you were referring to the ToTRR
Portrait
Shihna
Registered user
Takai Shisha

Last page view:

6243 days, 21 hours, 59 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 at 20:07 (GMT -5)

Uh...yea...oops...stupid moment there -_-'
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3907 days, 3 hours, 15 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2005 at 02:56 (GMT -5)

The RCT slays demons and undead which makes it helpful at D:50
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: