Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Quick levelmessage question

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

LordFrederick
Registered user

Last page view:

6815 days, 36 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2005 at 16:48 (GMT -5)

"You feel an enormous loss"

What does that mean?

Searched anywlms page for it... the only one close is the death of a pet but i didnt have one.

This was generated in the ID

Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2005 at 19:53 (GMT -5)

Isn't that when the level you just left had an articfact on it. And you just lost it forever.

I think.

D'oh.
LordFrederick
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2005 at 20:35 (GMT -5)

Heh nah. sorry guys i just figured it out.

Read a ? of greater identify and just hit enter without identifying anything, and it generates that message.

I have another question and dont feel like starting a new thread:

What is it about saving khelavaster that keeps crashing my game?

It happened again, but this time i was wary and copied the save file right before giving the amulet, figuring if it didnt crash this time id just delete the save copy and get on with the game. (Others might consider this save scumming i *guess*. I dont. A crash is hardly equivalent to a death.)

Indeed, my game crashes the moment khelly gets saved so i did restore my game. Now im stuck with a character standing next to khelavaster. Given that i picked 4,000 gremlins, drained 10 pools, did ring exchange numerous times and finally scummed ID 26-29 for an hour before finding a RoDS, im reluctant to just let khel die....
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6508 days, 6 hours, 4 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 27, 2005 at 10:24 (GMT -5)

If you backed up your save from right before giving him the amulet, why can't you just load it and do it again?
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3898 days, 9 hours, 41 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 27, 2005 at 11:23 (GMT -5)

Maybe LordFrederick meant that it crashes every time he gives the amulet to Khelly, even if re reloads
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
LordFrederick
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, May 27, 2005 at 12:36 (GMT -5)

nod morio.

everytime i give the amulet to Khelly, it crashes.

this is extremely strange because this has only started happening recently. prehaps a month or two ago i saved khel without incident, and had never even experienced a game crash period before that.

anyway, i found the solution to my problem. i installed ADOM to my work comp, put the svg on a flash disk, moved it to the other comp, saved khel, put that svg on a flash, and moved it back to my own computer -_-.
Skapazzo
Registered user

Last page view:

6870 days, 5 hours, 32 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 12, 2005 at 11:26 (GMT -5)

Hy to all.
I'm new here; but i'm a adom-addict for so long. ;)

came here to ask about the same crash when saving Kehlly, it's the first time I saw him :), but just found a solution (in my case).

since I'm a bit of a savegame scummer i could try different things, if i talk to him without giving him the amulet everything is ok;
if I give him the unblessed amulet (that i just found killing some trees) he talks to me and disappears, and then the game crashes;
now I tried to bless the amulet, give it to him and chat; everything ok! man did I feel good!

ok maybe it can help!

seeya, gonna play some more!
ps excuse my not perfect english! :)
Karry
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, June 12, 2005 at 14:29 (GMT -5)

Yes, changing amulet status helps. No need to bless.

I wonder, is it norm on this forum to completely ignore the topic ?
Skapazzo
Registered user

Last page view:

6870 days, 5 hours, 32 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 12, 2005 at 16:23 (GMT -5)

hy karry.
ok, next time i'll try to curse it :)
sorry, i just don't like to open a new topic and talk about something i read about in an old one, so i posted my message here.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: