Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Bridge building?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Echo
Registered user

Last page view:

3586 days, 12 hours, 45 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 at 12:09 (GMT -5)

My bridge building skill is 7 and when I train with Yrrigs it doesn't rise! When I try to read the book it says 'this book still has some information you haven't learnt'. Well, how do I raise it?

And can someone please write a step-by-step guide to bridge building, so a idiot like me can understand it, thanks! :)
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3907 days, 11 hours, 3 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 at 13:11 (GMT -5)

You can raise it when you gain levels, but you have to have the manual in your inventory when you gain a level
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4947 days, 18 hours, 27 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 at 13:29 (GMT -5)

You can also give Yrrigs some hatchets, and then your skill will rise. Otherwise you must get it up when you gain levels.

IMO, Bridge building is all but useless skill. Frost bolt or wands of cold are much better.
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.

Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 at 14:47 (GMT -5)

but it is good to have it nevertheless.. since sometimes getting a wand of ice / spell is next to impossible... once I had to dive to D:50 to obtain one :(
LordFrederick
Registered user

Last page view:

6824 days, 1 hour and 58 minutes ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 at 19:16 (GMT -5)

Wands of cold are sometimes rare? I understand the RNG functions whimsically, but i have about 4 of them and ive only just gotten them ID'd from a certain quest.

This is a bit high, but i find that on avg, i have at least found 2 wands of cold by D:10, assuming PC, DD, and UD were all done.
N(MBLNG)
Registered user
Formerly known as NMBLNG

Last page view:

6891 days, 13 hours, 46 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 at 20:29 (GMT -5)

Count yourself lucky then. As far as I know, bridges don't have any sort of weight limit, so it's good for pack rats. (Assuming they can carry all the logs there...
Corremn
Registered user
Cursed by a Leprechaun

Last page view:

6519 days, 22 hours, 59 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 at 21:56 (GMT -5)

Hmmm, Perhaps a spoiler alert here?
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5836 days, 9 hours, 4 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 at 01:10 (GMT -5)

If you are a strength-training troll, Corremn, now that's one of the least problems.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5150 days, 18 hours, 41 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 at 02:57 (GMT -5)

Spoiler
Bridges have no wheigt limit. So its not half bad to bridge normal rivers either, so you dont have to swim over them every time. Like if theres a river in d:4 you need to cross every time you need to go deep in d:, a bridge will take any weight and not succumb to sudden discharges of heat.

Step-by-steb building guide:

Spoiler
(Have manual of bridge building in inventory when you level up, so you can increase skill by allocating skill points.)

* Carry a (or mabye more) log and a hatchet to the edge of where you want to build bridge.
* (U)se the hatchet. Either but it in tool slot and type u, or press U and then select the hatchet. This will automatically select the log,and do a skill check. If you succeed you select direction to build the bridge. If not, try again with a fresh log. And yeah, logs are heavy.

Spoiler
(To find logs...kill living trees or chop dead ones down.)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/22/2005 at 02:59 (GMT -5) by Molach]
Portrait
d666
Registered user
zombie

Last page view:

6819 days, 12 hours, 46 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 at 06:45 (GMT -5)

"dead ones"

errr... immobile ones, i'd say.;)
What do you wish for? *THUMBS* EM_
Silence.
Silence.
*THUMB* *THUMB* *THUMB*
You die...

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the