Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Stuff...?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

6364 days, 6 hours, 29 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2001 at 00:40 (GMT -5)

Does anyone here know anything about hacking, nukeing, remote administration (Trojan), and such? Just curious.
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7780 days, 2 hours, 48 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2001 at 06:52 (GMT -5)

Si,I used to be a hacker.No time nowdays.Besides it affects your pesonal life.You tend to live in an eggshell.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2001 at 12:12 (GMT -5)

Ahh. I'm dealing with someone of questionable integrity and may need ta seek out a bit o' revenge. As of now, though, I'm just interested in learning some basics.

There was a little kid in middle school who managed to Trojan my cousin's computer. He was doing some pretty bad stuff. While I was figuring the thing out and fixing the problem (I'm a computer geek anyway), I became interested in this type of stuff. It was intense. Me and a few others were messaging via ICQ and IRC in an attempt to fry this guy. I don't know what was going on, but it was great fun! I basically just relayed messages and took orders from those who knew what they were doing. Still, it felt great.

Do you know if simple nuke programs are safe to use on public ISP's? They may be able to trace stuff like that nowadays, and most of the programs I've seen are pretty old.

Hey, I already live in an eggshell, so this is right up my alley! :D

[Edited at 12:14, Sunday, November 25, 2001 by Palagran]
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 26, 2001 at 14:17 (GMT -5)

From one computer geek to another: I felt great the first time I tried this too.
No one can track you.This is of course assuming you use a normal shell account.BTW i find shell accounts hard to come by these days.ISP's usually cant trace you.
You can get arrested warning:
This is a warning from Kevin Mitnick(the mother of all hackers - my GOD)
Here are his exact words "Terrorists have proved they are interested on total genocide,not subtle little hacks in the US infrastructure.Yet the government wants a blank search warrant to spy and snoop in everyones communication."
He warned that any hacker could win the Sacpegoat Sweepstakes!
So watch out!All hackers are lyin low at the moment.

Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 26, 2001 at 23:01 (GMT -5)

This is embarrasing. I didn't know what a shell account is when you mentioned it. I looked it up and found out that I'll need to know something about UNIX to use one. As of now I don't know anything about UNIX or how to access a shell account. I have only basic dailup access.

It could be that dialing up to the ISP accesses the shell account on the server and that anything done via the account is also via the shell... The definitions I read motioned toward something like this.

I discrace my name as a computer nerd. :P
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 at 13:14 (GMT -5)

If you arent using a shell account you could be tracked.Although the odds of these happenin are really dim.Well youre quite safe actually.
If you dont know much bout UNIX try LINUX!

I'm not too sure about how ISP's work nowdays!Its changed considerably over the past couple of years.
You dont disgrace ypurself as a computer nerd!
A nerd keeps learnin new things everyday

Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 at 21:59 (GMT -5)

I'm glad you think so. :) I don't know LINUX either. The only people who use UNIX and LINUX over here in the US are IT professionals and such. Even a lot of business and corporate labs are using Windows. All I know is Windows and MS-DOS. :|

Well, that person backed off, so I don't have a reason to try anything right now. Besides, I learned that he's using Win98.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

3 days, 8 hours, 29 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 09:29 (GMT -5)

Actualy LINUX isn't THAT different from MS-DOS. I've installed LINUX on one of my old computers to learn it myself (so I'm far from an expert). But it's not that hard to learn..

A lot of commands are simmilar, the documentation even have a "cheat cheet" for DOS users. For me the biggest difference was the complete lack of device letters, all partitions, harddisks, CD-roms and floppy drives are all part of the same directory structure (once you have mounted them). There is no such thing as drive a: it's just /mnt/floppy (took me a while to figure out :D)

You can type help to get a complete list of all commands (in Red hat Lunix at least) and help <command> og man <command> to get help or manual on the various commands.

There is a lot of complex stuff, but it's a snap to learn enough to do basic stuff: execute programs manipulate files and so forth. And as long as you are not alergic to reading manuals it's all in there (somewhere).

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 12:39 (GMT -5)

The only real problem with LINUX is that it dosent recognize certain soundcards n AGP cards.
There is LINUX with a GUI.I forgot what it was called GNU linux or somethin.

Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 22:47 (GMT -5)

I can't afford it, and I wouldn't know how to go about installing it on my one machine. Still, I'm always up for learning something new. Knowing UNIX and/or LINUX would be great for my resumé.
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7901 days, 12 hours, 12 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 at 11:50 (GMT -5)

Linux does not have to cost you anything else but the cost to be on the net long enough to download it. I have Mandrake 8.1 Linux distribution and the installation is very similiar to a Win install, step-by-step install that is. And there's *plenty* of help within the OS as well as on the net.

There's heaps of GUI's (window managers) for Linux. GNOME, KDE, Enlightement and many more. They all are founded on the X-Windows engine though, the basic window manager.

Locke Cole
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 at 14:25 (GMT -5)

GNOME seems to be the most popular.Its got a huge number of icons to use on its site.KOOL.Personally I got my friends HD and copied Linux of it.(HE HE)

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 at 18:38 (GMT -5)

I have a Red Hat Lunix distrubution with GNOME on my old PC. Installing was a sinch, but then I had a bootable install CD, and not a bunch of files I had downloaded from the Internett (got the CD for free at a computer convention).

How much does a ready to use install CD bundeled with usefull Lunix software cost anyway? Not nearly as much as Windows XP I would imagine...

Lunix is also quite happy to co-exist with Windows or any other OS. Just use Partition magic or simmilar program to make the required partitions, run the isntaller and tell it where to go, and then activate the LILO boot manager. Next time you reboot your coputer you get to choose wether to start in Windows or in Lunix.

As long as you have enough harddisk space (and sofware that allow you to make new partitions out of free disk space without having to re-format the entire drive), you can still use Windows and learn Lunix on the same computer...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2001 at 01:57 (GMT -5)

Anyway since LINUX is open source you only pay for the cost of the cd for most ditributions.

Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2001 at 08:42 (GMT -5)

I didn't know that. We'll see.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, December 21, 2001 at 23:15 (GMT -5)

Speaking of OS'es this Lindows looks interesting http://www.lindows.com/

It aim to run both Windows AND Linux software (you probably won't be eable to run the latest games, but still)... If they can deliver it has some serious potential... Just hope it doesn't have to get as bulky and in-effective as Windows to be eable to run Windows software...

M$ is suing them naturaly... Aparently they don't like the choise of name. They think people might get confused and buy the "wrong" OS because "Lindows" and "Windows" sound pretty simmilar, and people might think it's a M$ product... Strange they haven't sued the makers of X-windows if that's theyr main concern though.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5665 days, 16 hours, 50 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 22, 2001 at 01:46 (GMT -5)

a friend of mine sent me a series of 3 emails containging the "Beginners Guide to Hacking" if u're still looking around for hack-related stuff. i never got around to reading it...

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, December 22, 2001 at 14:21 (GMT -5)

My friend (with a teensy lil help from me n the gang) has written a book titled "A Guide To Ethical Hacking".Its out in stores now in the US.Try it its great for a begginer.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: