Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Questions(possibly newbie-ish)

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

7926 days, 14 hours, 12 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2001 at 18:09 (GMT -5)

1) How do you know your level for a certain weapon? I've been using hammers for a long time and IIRC when the gladiator taught me weapon skills (a long time ago) my Clubs and Hammers skill went up to 11. But 15 is mastery, right? So does that mean I'm close to mastery?

Also, how long does it take to get crowned? I've been sacrificing constantly and remaining at "very close." I remember last time one of my characters was crowned it took a while but I don't think it took this long.

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2001 at 18:43 (GMT -5)

Okay, I found that pressing ctrl-w gives you the weapon stats. Five more hits and I'll be at level 12 for clubs and hammers. But I still can't figure out why my diety status isn't changing. I've actually been getting monsters to follow me into the dwarven village so I can sac them.

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

9 hours, 43 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2001 at 20:14 (GMT -5)

If you are high level it's harder to get good piety. Also live sacing isn't that effective unless you find some realy high level monsters.

The easiest way is to acumulate tonnes of gold and sacrifice that. Piety is slowly reduced over time, so if you spend ages lourering monsters into dwarftown you might not even be breaking even (heh).

Don't bother dragging monsters in from other levels, just sacrifice whatever you can find on the current dungeon level and them move along. It's better to come back later with a heap of gold than to spend ages running around in circles waiting for monsters to get generated and wander onto your altar...

And getting crowned does take some time, just be patient and don't wear yourself out by trying to live sac everything. It's a good way to get an early pre-crowning, if you find an altar on a level with a tention room, but after a while you become much more powerfull than the monsters you sacrifice, and so you won't get as much piety out of it.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7780 days, 16 hours, 51 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2001 at 13:17 (GMT -5)

Oh yea about grand mastery its almost impossible.Unless you start of as a farmer with the cost for increasing weapon skills reduced by 20% and use only pole arms througout the game.Thats the only way to reach grand mastery.There are exceptions of course.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5666 days, 6 hours, 53 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2001 at 21:18 (GMT -5)

i dunno, my Duke Ravage character didn't do hardly any scumming at all (IIRC he did none, but it's hard to resist; i might have cracked, bad memory) and by the time he was lvl 18 he had almost 12 skill level with swords. i wasn't even too deep in the caves; only about to water temple. he wasn't even born in the Dragon; IIRC he was a Unicorn.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 26, 2001 at 21:41 (GMT -5)

Anyone want to take a bet on whether Amanda the troll will make it to level 15 with clubs and hammers?

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5666 days, 6 hours, 53 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2001 at 23:28 (GMT -5)

depends. where are you and what're you skills?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 at 09:04 (GMT -5)

level 17, currently in the dwarf village, my clubs/hammer skills are at lvl 12, requiring 1882 marks to advance to lvl 13. You want any more info?

I'm trying to prove Messiah wrong. It seems easy to get Grand Mastery if you're a character who relies mostly on physical attacks.

Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 at 12:16 (GMT -5)

You will see that I'm right!Its fairly easy to get too Level 14.But level 15...sorry but you might not make it.Unless your chaotic,cursed doomed through most of the game!Since youre a troll I guess you have a good chance if youre using the same type of weapon.

J.
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 02:42 (GMT -5)

Well, she could try closing the gate and then go on training the weapon. With gate closed one doesn't need to worry about corruption.
Jadejag
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 07:46 (GMT -5)

is it good to get grand mastery then?? i mean,, is it much better than ordinary mastery??
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

9 hours, 43 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 09:14 (GMT -5)

Grand mastery is at least twise as good as manstery, because you get to attack twise in a round with weapons you have grand mastery in.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7902 days, 2 hours, 15 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 21:21 (GMT -5)

As an added point: You'll need 12920 weapon skill points to go from Mastery to Grand Mastery with melee weapon skills and 6260 points with missile weapon skills. If you're a wizard, necromanceror elementalist these values are doubled. If you're a priest or druid 50% of the values are added. Will take some time to get Grand Mastery for sure since you'll get less and less points the more of the same type of monster you fight. And eventually, you have killed quite a few of the most common enemies.

Hmm, this point became quite a long point. Ah well. :)

Locke Cole
J.
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 at 01:46 (GMT -5)

Attacking twice with grand mastery ? Hmmm... If someone had two-weapon combat at 100, daggers at grand mastery and was dual-wielding sting and needle what kind of killing-machine would that be...

Oh, and find weakness and tactics also at 100 and all stats at 99...
Duke Ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 at 10:51 (GMT -5)

don't know about you, but i would run.
Simius
Registered user

Last page view:

7425 days, 3 hours, 49 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 at 12:35 (GMT -5)

real fast too;->
jokainen chanssi on mahollisuus
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 at 13:32 (GMT -5)

That sort of guy would be a walking tank.Wonder how it would add if he was in true berseker mode.The ultimate killing machine.An ultra ending would be a breeze at the toughest.Meanin Andy would be minced meat.

Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 at 19:16 (GMT -5)

At level 21, in the Earth Temple, I achieved Grand Mastery in the Clubs and Hammers category. :-)

Duke Ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2001 at 11:02 (GMT -5)

told ya. *g* try getting GM with something else now (spears mebe??). i bet you have enuf time.
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 30, 2001 at 13:40 (GMT -5)

Kool so you got GM.SO trolls and twohanded clubs are a kool combination.

Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 30, 2001 at 15:25 (GMT -5)

Duke, see my "death of a salestroll" post. It's too late. :'-( *sniffle.*

Oh well, at least I'm still Amanda the troll in the roleplay thread.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: