Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Advice?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
einherjar
Registered user

Last page view:

6845 days, 4 hours, 2 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 25, 2005 at 13:44 (GMT -5)

I started a new Trollish Mindcrafter a few days ago, and with it I've completed Thrundarr's quests and the pyramid. I want to have him crowned a champion of Order, but I'm not sure if I should kill Blup's mom and the Assassin Prince (for his half of the Twins) first and then get crowned, or if I can get away with killing them after.

Current stats:
Level 14
Attributes in order: 25, 24, 17, 22, 28, 14, 19, 14, 18
DV/PV: 55/19 at Normal
Speed: 106
Daggers/Knives: 11; I found an Orcish dagger (+5, 2d3+7) early on, and then a Phase dagger (now (+2 1d4+3) after using scrolls) on the floor below dwarftown
Spears: 7
Bows: 6
Shields: 10, ceiling with current shield is 13

If I do kill them, when would be a good time to do so (obviously after completing Blup's quest)? I've never fought them before, so I don't know what to expect. Is there any other advice? I've already angered the Cat Lord, so I'll be able to get exp from him if I beat him.
May thy wisdom be omnipresent.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5153 days, 14 hours, 5 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 25, 2005 at 18:12 (GMT -5)

Assassin prince can be killed at any time anyway. No alignment loss for killing him, and none at all if you use a wand (right?) anyway angering him at a mid-high level (after BDC you should be mid-high) should not change alignment.
I've never done it before getting the other half of twins (I always go up to the surface then with some chaos creature corpses anyway).

Blup's mom I've never killed. Wearing an amulet of balance at the time of the kill, and ensuring you are very much L+ could help. Alignment change is reduced with PC level too.
Maniac
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 at 04:26 (GMT -5)

AFAIK there is only one method of killing blup's mother with low level character - do it in darkness. But note, that if you have not-so-high damage, she will teleport (regen, and teleport back). And of course this very dangerous. You can imagine the power of this monster - killing her will give about 1.5 KK exp.
Portrait
einherjar
Registered user

Last page view:

6845 days, 4 hours, 2 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 at 23:51 (GMT -5)

I decided to get crowned today, so I sacrificed Big Punch and Moon Sickle with 20000 gold to get Robes of Resistance and fire immunity.

I've yet to find a RoDS or AoLS, and I decided to wait until I killed Blup's mom and the Assassin Prince. I'm not worried about the ACW in the ToEF because I have a number of potions of poison and a few other things that should finish him off quickly.

How difficult is the Assassin Prince, really? The guidebook says he's the cross between a greater moloch and quickling king.

I last saved in ID: 30 at day 64. My PC has the teleportitis corruption from a previous trip to the ID.

Current stats:
Level 17 (227142 exp to 18)
Attributes: 34, 32, 20, 31, 40, 21, 26, 20, 26 (all gained with potions or equipment; I did very little training with Garth, and I haven't used a lot of herbs)
DV/PV: 63/41 at satiated and burdened; increases were gained by using scrolls of defense/protection.
Speed: 115
Daggers/Bows/Shield: 12/7/11
May thy wisdom be omnipresent.
tongHoAnh
Registered user
adoomed

Last page view:

6638 days, 22 hours, 56 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 27, 2005 at 04:04 (GMT -5)

I do him only when i'm powerful (lvl 40+) so he is pretty easy. You could try using a stethoscope on him.
Remember, dont attack afraid/neutral/running units there or he would attack you on sight.
My RL dumpyard:

http://www.geocities.com/ceruleannebula/index.html
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5153 days, 14 hours, 5 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 27, 2005 at 16:29 (GMT -5)

Use spells/wands on him while in coward.
He does pretty high damage, and poisons hard too. But is nothing like a moloch. More like a slow quickling king, with a bit more damage.

Guidebook says that alarm will sound (making him aggro to you) if you attack fleeing monsters, use ranged weapons or fail a pickpocket attempt. This only matters if you want to get the filk quest though (which you obviously aren't :)
Mellis
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, July 27, 2005 at 16:44 (GMT -5)

Well, I don't really see the urgency to kill the AP right now. The dagger by itself is quite underwhelming, and you are quite far from getting the other part of the Twins. Therefore, I recommend waiting until you get closer to the BDC before attempting to assassinate the AP.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: