Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / corruption

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Jadejag
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 at 08:38 (GMT -5)

okay, i need to know good ways to get rid of corruption! it is really annoying, i have let the white unicorn cure my corruptions and i have read all the scrolls i got when i saved khelavaster but now i am nearly a writhing masss of primal chaos or whatever they're called!! aaarghh!
plz help!
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7780 days, 15 hours, 57 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 at 12:27 (GMT -5)

Guth'Alak can get potions of cure corruption in exchange for greater chaos creature corpses!
eg:Chaos Orb guardians, Keriax,Keethrax, Black unicorn
The only other ways to get scrolls of chaos resistance are
1.the hidden room in the High Mountain Village
2.dwarven mystic in Dwarftown
there is a third one!But its really difficult:
3.Delivery of the Weird Tome to the mad ministrel.

Tip: I'm sure u already know this but always use only blessed SoCR

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Jadejag
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 07:42 (GMT -5)

thnx, but the corpses always rots when im gonna bring them to Guthy!! and the others i have taken except the weird tome. the dwarven mystic gave me an axe..
BonghBaya
Registered user

Last page view:

7900 days, 11 hours, 27 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 08:23 (GMT -5)

dwarwen mystic seems to give the axe to lawfuls and the goodies to neutrals. there's also 6 cursed ones in the bug cavern.

mYh34Df E3L5liK3aFRiSb3e
J.
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 at 01:51 (GMT -5)

IIRC cooked corpses take longer to rot. Cooking those corpses is no problem with spellcasters who have fire bolt. Just zap the corpse a couple of times and it should be cooked. Though I'm not sure if the guardian corpses could be burned by the bolt. Does anyone know for sure ?

And you could dip them in holy water when they stat to rot.
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 at 13:45 (GMT -5)

Hmm not sure bout that.I'll check that one out.

Hassinen
Registered user

Last page view:

8157 days, 14 hours, 23 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 at 14:19 (GMT -5)

Should work. AFAIK, when food rots it goes through this cycle:

blessed->*rots*->uncursed->*rots some more*
->cursed->*rots away*

Thus when it's rotten one could dip the food into holy water, blessing it, thus giving the item another cycle of rotting. It should be possible to continue this procedure infinite times, as far as potions of holy water are around.

BTW this isn't my personal experience, just something I picked up when reading some tips somewhere on the net.

Oh and personally I'd bless something more useful than corpses, unless the corpse is somewhat significant (chaos creature corpse, farmer corpse for ultra ending, etc.), but that's just me and I'm a n00b.

If something can go wrong, it will.
Hicpotboy
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 at 17:15 (GMT -5)

I can confirm that yes, you can cook greater chaos creature corpses. Yes, you can use the fire bolt spell, or any fire based spell, except for burning hands. I hope this helps
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 30, 2001 at 13:44 (GMT -5)

Yup confirmed it too.Cooked a gaurdian vorpse using firebolt.

Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5833 days, 6 hours, 46 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2001 at 23:39 (GMT -5)

You can also read scrolls of uncursing on them if your desperate to save a corpse.

There are many flags in the HOF that have blessed cooked orb guardians. People think they're good if they take them out of the chain.

A rather big note (for this topic) is that the druid will only give PoCC to neutral or lawful PCs. Put the corpses in the shop in terinyo if you're chaotic.

There is another guaranteed way of getting SoCR. There are 6 cursed ones in bugville when u kick down one of the statues.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
cRIMSON kING
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, December 10, 2001 at 00:49 (GMT -5)

No one ever thought that new artifacts could be nice in ADOM. Like with special abilities like: Resistance to corruption 30% and stuff like that.
I've noticed that SoCR's ends allways during the game, coz I don't want to use greater unicorn to cure my corruption, but in the end. And this should go to the spoilers, but what the heck, good way to get nice experience boost is: go to the bug town with fast or shooting char and kill many bugs and eatr the corpses, then just go to the high-mountain village, wish for emperor moloch and start killing them with magic missile and Aroows of demonslaying. when your mana or arrows run out, just teleport to the middle-room and heal yourself. molochs wont get there. Then just again to out and now start killing them in melee. I've done this many times, and it works always.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: