Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Increasing stats

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

7926 days, 16 hours, 18 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 at 10:52 (GMT -5)

I'm at lvl 17 and would like to go to the Rift once I reach 18. Problem is, thanks to the bug temple my willpower is 1. I know I could train with the guy in the dwarf village, but my max wi is 15. I've read that if you pay him enough, the dwarf will go beyond your max stats. How much should I pay him to get 20 wi?

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5769 days, 2 hours, 31 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 at 11:12 (GMT -5)

Don't know about training stats beyond their maximum values, but I think by eating enough morgia roots you can get your Wi and potential Wi up to 25. IIRC the dosage for trolls is 4 morgia roots to train willpower, or 8 if it's at its potential maximum already. Morgia roots will also train toughness, but I'm guessing that a troll will have To > 25 anyway.

Is there any special strategy for surviving the bug temple? I wandered in there once with a level 10 dwarven fighter, and a greater claw bug killed me within one round. I have never been back since.
Hassinen
Registered user

Last page view:

8157 days, 17 hours, 24 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 at 11:25 (GMT -5)

Come to think of it, my post is a bit spoily.

Spoiler
Being invisible is good, since 'dem bugs can't see you. Even better if you have bolt spells. Killing the bugs with bolt spells is easy, they won't know what hit them. Otherwise I think that good offense is the best defense so hit them hard before they hit you, preferably first from afar.

If something can go wrong, it will.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: