Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Spellbooks

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Spirit Wolf
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, August 13, 2005 at 10:11 (GMT -5)

When one finds a spellbook, is it best to learn all you can from it until it dissapears? Or hang onto it and try to learn more from it when you need more castings of a spell?
Portrait
Nchurmdaz
Registered user
Goblin flash mobber

Last page view:

5996 days, 5 hours, 5 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, August 13, 2005 at 11:52 (GMT -5)

As usual, versality of ADOM leaves yo uwithout a strict single answer for this.

You question is very class-dependent. Thing is that spellcasters and demi-spellcasters tend to find spellbooks quite often.
So, If you're a spellcaster, and your spellbook is of common type, my advice would be to read it till the end.

However, there are precious spellbooks which are *very* helpful sometimes, but, unfortunately, are quite, quite rare. I'd behave with these ones as follows: Read it two/three times, to ensure it won't disappear, and remains with your for bookcasting. After finding next book of this spell, I'd drain the one I have till the end, read the one I find two/three(?) times and repeat the process.

If you're playing Wizard, allways remember you can go to a certain location containing enough spellbooks to satisfy all your needs.
Ubi patria ibi bene!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: