Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Stone Giant...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
SenseAndViolets
Registered user

Last page view:

6811 days, 16 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 at 12:13 (GMT -5)

...Can someone tell me where to find one?
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3899 days, 11 hours, 15 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 at 12:52 (GMT -5)

In the mountains after lvl 17, or by digging stone walls you may wake a sleeping stone giant
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Nchurmdaz
Registered user
Goblin flash mobber

Last page view:

5989 days, 3 hours, 37 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 at 20:02 (GMT -5)

I remember one of my precrowning attempts.
I decided to dig a corridor into one of the rooms to make running around easier... Stumbled into a stone giant. I couldn't kill it, forgot that I can lure it away, and decided to sac it (despite my neutral alignment). I suddenly noticed that the bastard is smart enough to avoid stepping on the altar, so it ran in circles around it after me.
I've finally grown weary of these vain attempts and decided to flee and try to think something out. I can't remember why, but I decided to dig one more tunnel - this time much shorter - mayhap even one wall section, and - what do you know? - another one! Now I had two stone giants in the level, neutral altar, and a wierd system of rooms I've managed to link by that time.

The altar itself was adjacted to the wall, but i dug corridor downwards to make things easier.
.._..
##.##

Now, all I had to do was to sac giants. Two this time.
If I'm not mistaken, I made the following trick:

.+_+.
##.##

And ran by the corridor I dug from south to north, and tricked giants to step on the altar without smashing doors ang stepping on the floor.

I might be wrong, however. It was about half a year ago. I just remember that i firs unearthed two giants, and then dispatched them somehow, yet not in meele, with ranged, wands, PoEX or missiles. :)
Ubi patria ibi bene!
Portrait
SenseAndViolets
Registered user

Last page view:

6811 days, 16 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 at 12:13 (GMT -5)

Well that sounds like fun, Nchurmdaz. <g> So how do I dig? I suppose find a pick axe and "u"se it? They sound tough, should I wait till level 16? It's for the first Thrundarr quest so I'd like to do it asap.

Also, how dangerous is climbing? Do they pop up as wilderness encounters you're saying? I died using a cursed set before, so I'm trying to avoid climbing this time around. Specially with no climbing skill.
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4956 days, 23 hours, 23 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 at 14:08 (GMT -5)

There should be no reason to worry about climbing if you have an uncursed climbing set, even less if you bless it. Having some climbing skill is to be recommended, though, as there is no such thing as a guarantee in ADOM...
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5142 days, 18 hours, 54 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 25, 2005 at 09:16 (GMT -5)

I've only had problems with cursed climbing set, then I fell and broke some stuff. (Some black wizard cursed it)
Climbing skill has never been an issue for wilderness climbing. In fact I often travel through hills to train climbing for the rift.

Stone giants aren't that tough at all, any weapon with some skill not totally-wimpy strength should be enough. Or missile weapons with skills.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: