Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Stacking items

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

MrBackAlleySka
Registered user
Candy for the little girls.

Last page view:

6816 days, 20 hours, 12 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 29, 2005 at 11:37 (GMT -5)

Hey all. I have a question. Is there a way to stack items? say I have a stack of 4 daggers, then 2 daggers that are seperate. I can easily equip those 4 for missle weapons, but then I have to switch to the set of single daggers afterwards. Are there ways to stack them so I have 6 daggers to use for missles without having to equip more, one at a time when those 4 run out?
Silfir
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, August 29, 2005 at 12:51 (GMT -5)

Items are stacked automatically, but only if they are exact duplicates of one another. If there are daggers that aren't stacked together with other daggers, the reason for this is that the daggers are not exact duplicates. They either have different damage or to-hit modifiers or magical properties you do not know yet, or they can have a different blessed/uncursed/cursed status. Identified items also are never stacked together with unidentified ones.
Portrait
Nchurmdaz
Registered user
Goblin flash mobber

Last page view:

5996 days, 10 hours, 9 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 29, 2005 at 12:51 (GMT -5)

Only identical items stack.
Your daggers seem to have different damage/to hit/cursed vs. uncursed status. They won't stack because of this.
If your first pile are four plain 1d4 daggers, and your second is a pair of 1d4+1 or +1, 1d4, then what would a stack look like? They're just different. So, the only advice here - if you don't like switching - use large bundles of arrows/quarrels or large piles of stacking rocks.

Some of my spoily meditations are listed below:

Spoiler

One trcik to remember - unidentified items stack automatically. That is, if you have something unidentified, and it stacks with another unidentified item it's a clear sign that: 1)they share properties 2)they (concerning weapons and armor) are more likely to be plain and uncursed, than with suffixes/prefixes and cursed/blessed.

Items with different statuses (even if totally identical in other aspects) do not stak.

Next thing to remember is that identical identified items whith known status don't stack whith identified items with unknown status.

Another rule - if an identified item with unknown status doesn't stak with another identified item with unknown status, they have different cursed/uncursed status.

However, it is allways pleasant to find a stacking buundle of eternium quarrels of slaying, though it is *very* unlikely to happen, because even +1 to damage difference spoils the stack.

Ubi patria ibi bene!
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4964 days, 5 hours, 54 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 29, 2005 at 12:53 (GMT -5)

Sorry bob, only items that are equal and of equal status can stack. So if you have four daggers (1d4) and one dagger (1d4+1), they can't stack. Also, if you have an uncursed dagger and a blessed dagger of equal stats they wull stubbornly remain unstacked.

[Edit: damn fast response there, two messages written before i you press "submit reply". I'm getting old...
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/29/2005 at 12:55 (GMT -5) by Sargoth]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: