Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Champion of Chaos

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Brandon
Registered user

Last page view:

6819 days, 17 hours, 59 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 at 12:28 (GMT -5)

I have a question about getting crowned as a champion of Chaos. I know it speeds up the corruption rate, but by how much? Is it feasible to get crowned in the early-mid game and still get a normal victory (without excessive corruption worries)?

Perhaps it is better just to go for pre-crownings when chaotic? All of this is assuming your going for normal ending, I know special endings change things.
Echo
Registered user

Last page view:

3586 days, 2 hours, 15 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 at 13:12 (GMT -5)

If you're going for a normal ending then you could get precrowned chaotic and then crowned neutral or preferably lawful.

L+ champions get -30% corruption
N= champions, no changes
C- champions, +30% corruption, and that's alot.

So I'd suggest get crowned lawful or at least neutral.

Easy way to achieve L+ is to kill Hotzenplotz, recover the AoL, wear it and do quests until L+.
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4964 days, 12 hours, 40 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 at 13:15 (GMT -5)

My advice is: stay away from everything corrupting you until you can handle it.
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
Asdas
Registered user

Last page view:

6758 days, 6 hours and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 at 14:10 (GMT -5)

If you don't plan to be the champion of chaos too early, wait and try to reach the dwarftown with neutral alignment, as the mystic will give ~5 SoCR to neutrals. Also I believe that there are 3 SoCR in the bug temple. When blessed, with only those you can remove 12 corruptions, and that's a lot.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/31/2005 at 14:10 (GMT -5) by Asdas]
Portrait
Nchurmdaz
Registered user
Goblin flash mobber

Last page view:

5996 days, 16 hours, 54 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 at 15:08 (GMT -5)

Have a Unicorn birthsign.
I've red somewere that it gives -20% to corruption.
Ubi patria ibi bene!
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5774 days, 7 hours, 52 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 at 04:59 (GMT -5)

I suggest that you do the white unicorn's quest. You'll have to wait until afterwards before becoming a Champion of Chaos, but you'll be able to have her cleanse you immediately before leaving the Drakalor Chain.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5150 days, 8 hours, 11 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 at 07:01 (GMT -5)

"My advice is: stay away from everything corrupting you until you can handle it."

But time will also corrupt, and how can you stay away from time...

I've never had corruption problems, probably because I always go out of my way to save (someone). When considering that you also at need can climb down (somewhere), and get the (something) from (someone) and give to (someone) and get the reward, and that you can enter the (somewhere) and smash the (something) to find more, and not forget giving all the (somethings) to (someone) for potions corruption isn't that bad.

On second thought, you can't give the (somethings) to (someone) if chaotic, so that wouldn't count, I guess.

And you could teleport to (somewhere) too

Spoiler

From the GB: Unicorn quest - Yrruir will not give the quest to kill Riurry to chaotics. There is some uncertainty/argument about this

Mystic is Neutral only, and not guaranteed. But few will be crowned before you do this, so it's worth a shot.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/1/2005 at 07:06 (GMT -5) by Molach]
Asdas
Registered user

Last page view:

6758 days, 6 hours and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 at 13:51 (GMT -5)

"Fill in the blanks" :)
Brandon
Registered user

Last page view:

6819 days, 17 hours, 59 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 at 19:18 (GMT -5)

Thanks guys. The reason I was asking is that I usually get crowned Lawful or Neutral and I wanted to try something new. I also wanted to be able to play a character as a rampant chaotic (necromancy, digging up graves, eating undead corpses, backstabbing, shoplifting) without having to take the time to bring my alignment back up after each thing.

Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, September 04, 2005 at 23:21 (GMT -5)

talk to the dwarven marta in the room with no walls in the dwarven city, get thy scrolls of cure corruption(thy must be the right one), corrupt yourself within apishness using orbs and you can just clear all corruptions when thy get to close of
becoming raw chaos, and you can convert to nutral with the preist next door aswell :)
you will need (teleport ring or helm or be a mindcrafter cuz im pretty sure if your corrupted befor you talk to the marta he will jus flip you off and disapear)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: