Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / extra help for semi new

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

melonhead
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 at 18:48 (GMT -5)

ok ok ok ..im a lvl 21 dwarf fighter..crowned once some nice items stats..im done the coc until impasible wall of flames...all of dwarf town quests...gremlin cave dark forge water dragon grave yard killed banshie..i dont have any wishes left i cant do tomb of kings no way to build bridge..cant do the tower of flames cause i well dont have any gear to save me i die with out all my good gear..im wonderin if any one has tips on what i should do...where to lvl up get some good items/monney..im kinda poor 30k...any help be graeatly appreciated
BattleAxe
Registered user

Last page view:

6332 days, 18 hours, 13 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 at 18:58 (GMT -5)

The alternate way from building a wood bridge is an ice bridge. Wands of cold can solve that (however, don't bring too much stuff or it'll break)
For money, if you got some arena fights left you can use those. Selling the Si when it replicates also helps. Waldenbrook's in Dwarftown and Leggot buys them at reasonable prices.

Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 at 19:01 (GMT -5)

yah i cant fight in the arena and im at a loss as to where to lvl up i fought in the big room for a while but im gainging shity exp...i guese i could go buy my book of bridge building back....grrr cause fuck if i feel like walking around trying to find a wand of ice....ahhhhhhhrg
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5827 days, 13 hours, 20 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 at 07:38 (GMT -5)

If you done Guth Alak quest, you could get a frost bolt book.
Just a tip:

Spoiler
The weigth limit for a bridge is 2000s, any higher and it will have a good chance to break.

(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5141 days, 22 hours, 56 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 at 08:35 (GMT -5)

Since we are in spoiler forum:
You could do the rift to get some levels. You need climb at 100, and its smart to have stealth at 100 too. (Both skills can be trained with Yergius.). You might even find a book of frost bolt in the library, but there are some tough monsters there so beware. Decent exp if you survive. As well as spells and SoCR.

You could "hang out" in Dwarven halls. Tough monsters are regularly generated there, so exp there too. This area has kinda high corruption.

You could quite simply "hang out" anywhere with a somewhat decent danger level. (I:9 or even higher, D:9 or more.) Exp from monsters, and possibly good item drops.

To farm items ID is good, as you generate new items "on the floor" in addition to monster drops.

The truly useful way to farm lots of stuff, is to use some variation of gremlin-scumming. In short, gremlin-scumming involves creating a water trap, and then either leading a gremlin there, or wielding a fluff ball and set off the trap (alt+t). This will make gremlins multiply, and as they die easy and fast you will gain much stuff in short time. They can and should also be pickpocketed before being killed.

Water traps can be found naturally, or made with a wand of trap creation. Fluff balls are as good as guaranteed in the dark (gremlin) cave.

Its costumary to make the trap(s) in a medium-big room with a doorway, so you can control the population, and even close/lock them inside the room if you wish to leave them (for a time).

A word of warning: The gremlins will become tough to kill and dangerous when you kill a lot (thousands) of them. They will never see invisible, however.

One can make the gremlin trap in D:9 (no corruption, but not all high-end items can be generated), DH:1 or DH:2 (better items, but big corruption), ID somewhere (remove all trace of the farm, but then you can't go back there if you need something else), the Water Cave (Gremlins will drown and do not have to be killed, therefore never becoming tougher. They will not drop when they die, so items must come from pickpocketing) or Dwarven graveyard (on the surface, no corruption, good items. Only problem is generating a water trap. To do this you must dig a hole, cover it with a blanket. You need to do this in the "right" square for a water trap too, if you've never done it before you need to make one trap, see what you got, then repeat in the proper location.)
Proper location can be found from this orden (top to bottom, left to right):
Light
Corruption trap
Stone block trap
Alarm
Arrow trap
Acid trap
Pit (vipers)
Spear trap
Teleportation trap
Water trap
Fireball trap
Pit - simple pit, no vipers

E.g if you happen to create an "ACID" trap, you know that if you make a trap 4 squares below (or to the right) it will be a water trap.

About the ToEF:
Yes its hard. If you got a good melee weapon and have a supply of (big) healing potions, it can be done. All artifacts are safe. You have the elemental gauntlets at least, so your two rings under them are safe. Eternium is safe. Adamantium and mithril is pretty much safe, as well. Iron lasts a (tiny) bit, then (probably) burns. Everything else burns rather fast away. So you could try smithing on your equipment to buff up as well. (Color) dragon scale armors are made from adamantium,and as good as safe.

Items in your pack are safe if you take 2 blessed fireproof blankets with you, at least if you're not doomed. Wands of paralysis, poison, web can help against the Wyrm.

Edit: Just to clear up - 1 fireproof blanket is enough to safe all your equipment, I just mean that is MAY burn, and then you're equipment will burn two. And Mithril and Adamantium is not just pretty safe, its very very safe. Take it along with you. It's probably the hardest fight in your game (since youre a melee char) so that equipment won't do any good in your .flg file...

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/8/2005 at 08:40 (GMT -5) by Molach]
stevez01
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2005 at 23:57 (GMT -5)

ive never once had climbing above 70 below level 30, even training is unfesable at that level...
you advance to slowly...
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5141 days, 22 hours, 56 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 12, 2005 at 13:44 (GMT -5)

Just pay the Yergius for lessons several times (the originator said he had 40000 gold, that should be enough). Walk over mountains whenever you are in the wilderness. You can train it by climbing in and out of pits too.

100 climbing by level 20 is indeed possible, I usually enter rift with caster around level 20-25 for the added power the books bring.

Edit: Oh yeah a higher learning helps too. Its not too hard to buy Le to at least 20 from Dwarf trainer, should give you 5 trains per level

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/12/2005 at 13:45 (GMT -5) by Molach]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: