Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / When should I take the plunge

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Jules
Registered user

Last page view:

4777 days, 21 hours, 5 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2005 at 07:51 (GMT -5)

When should I leave the Infinite dungeon and start actually getting on with the job of saving the world from Chaos etc?.
Background.
I've been playing Adom for around 10 years now, and have completed an Ultra ending, my character did die, and was retrieved from a save, so it doesnt count towards the hall of fame.
I'm now determined to get a "Win", and have started with a Drakeling Beast fighter. First kill was a beggar, so Filk quest will be easy.
Have not gone through the small cave yet, but have loacted the down stair case so that I can get in and through it quickly, and then off to find Gaab B.
Currently I'm in ID, and character has reached 10th level, only couple of hours play so far, so early days.

Question is when should I take the plunge, and start getting on with the job. First call is to do the pyramid, as this is level dependant, but should I hold off getting into the CoC until I'm already a walking tank?.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3905 days, 9 hours and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2005 at 08:55 (GMT -5)

I usually start the "main mission" when the char has killed Hotzenplotz
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Naiyor
Registered user

Last page view:

1892 days, 6 hours, 17 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2005 at 10:02 (GMT -5)

I usually kill a beggar first...then do the SMC/UD, when I finish that it is off to the VD, Holeinthewall/Sheriff quests PC, some ID then to the CoC, and on and on...

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/23/2005 at 10:02 (GMT -5) by Naiyor]
Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2005 at 16:46 (GMT -5)

You are playing a Drakeling Beastfighter and you want to play it safe in the ID beyond level 10?!?! Get off your wimpy ass and start saving the world man (lizard)! :p

To be honest, I never bother levelling up safely in the ID (although strategically, if you want to play a *very* cautious game, it is a smart move). I always enter the SMC first to "lock" the danger level. Then I get a beggar/mugger/outlaw/child as my first kill before exploring the early levels of the puppy/carpenter/druid caves until I hit level 5. Then I hunt Kranach and finish up the puppy quest as well as the carpenter quest if I took it (I leave Keethrax until I am *very* ready). After that, I usually descend the VD and get on with the CoC.

Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5834 days, 7 hours, 1 minute and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 24, 2005 at 14:09 (GMT -5)

Once got a jackal for the first kill. LOL, the über-jackal bug seemed to chase me... Filk was found on ID: 374.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3762 days, 19 hours, 28 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2005 at 12:04 (GMT -5)

And you survived to ID: 374? I'm impressed.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5834 days, 7 hours, 1 minute and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2005 at 14:30 (GMT -5)

Wasn't such a hard nut, thank you Death Ray.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help