Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / There is a god...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

6364 days, 8 hours, 43 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 23:03 (GMT -5)

...and his name is RNG! When I was typing a message on this forum, I opened up my HTML file that has a list of ASCII text codes so I could type a "é". For some reason, it opened up in the same window as the forum, so I didn't hit "back" -- I hit "close." My message was trashed. Having to start over angered me enough. Then, while I was escaping from that window, my keyboard fell through the shelf it was sitting on. After I recovered that, I opened up a new browser window and tried to go to the forums, when I discovered I had lost my 'Net connection. I opted to reconnect automatically, but it failed. When I typed in the password, I got a reject 'cuz I typed it wrong (I used my forum password). When I _finally_ got connected, I logged into the forums and got a password reject there too, as I used my 'Net password. After I finished my message, I went to Delphi and began typing this in Notepad when an ad window popped up and interrupted my typing. That's when I discovered that Quadsucker (a newsgroup binary file downloader) had to be restarted. I restarted it, but it wouldn't work. I went to the headers list to see that Quadsucker had labelled all the files it was going to download as "Processed." This means I can't download them without overriding the files. All of this happened in the course of a couple minutes. This kind of consistent bad luck can only mean one thing. The world is ruled by one giant RNG. @_@
Portrait
Reaper
Registered user
The Templar

Last page view:

7556 days, 12 hours, 59 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2001 at 03:05 (GMT -5)

Now that's what I call a sticky situation... There was bad luck for at least a year... How many rooms did you smash after that? If that happened to me the number would be about 2-3...
Money talks - All mine ever says is goodbye

Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

6364 days, 8 hours, 43 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2001 at 21:59 (GMT -5)

Hehe. I had to control myself 'cuz there's people around. Would have been a curse-fest if I was alone. @_@
Jacknife
Registered user

Last page view:

8139 days, 19 hours, 48 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2001 at 19:48 (GMT -5)

On one electrically active eveing, after having my compuet re-start mid essay not once, but 3 times, and a plethora of other work interupting CPU related aliments, I got so pissed off that I set fire to an old monitor I had sitting in the basement I had ment to repair. It reeked, but it felt really good.

-Peace Out, War In
-Jacknife
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

7926 days, 2 hours, 23 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2001 at 05:20 (GMT -5)

Here's some real-life RNG for you: Last night I found a demo of Final Fantasy VIII. I'm a huge fan of FF but never played anything after 7 because I don't have a playstation (I might get one for Christmas). So I go to download it and realize it will take at least two hours. It's late at night so I go to bed... and wake up at 5 AM because of a fire drill (I live in a college dorm). So afterwards I come back in to check my download, only to find the computer froze and I have to reboot it. Now I have to download it all over again. It's at 5% right now, only 7 kb/s. A T1 line at an hour when no one could possibly be online, and I could get faster speeds on a 56k modem.

*cries.*

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: