Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Beg Temple

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
adomer2
Registered user

Last page view:

8038 days, 11 hours and 28 minutes ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2002 at 03:11 (GMT -5)

i've never had a problem watching the bugs multiply. i did it easily w/o food preservation. all you gotta do is clear all the rooms but the big one and just attack 6 or 7 at a time, eat the corpses then stand in sight of them and keep pressing ws. worked great for me i had all stats boosted, but only do it at a late level unless you can wish for emperor molochs or something.
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5765 days, 16 hours, 36 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2002 at 04:12 (GMT -5)

Perhaps this is a foolish question, but how do you get several stats to 99? From what I hear, you eat loads of bug corpses until your Dx is 99 and your Wi is 1, and then drink a potion of exchange. But doesn't that carry the risk that your St will go to 1 and you'll be crushed to death?
adomer2
Registered user

Last page view:

8038 days, 11 hours and 28 minutes ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2002 at 04:34 (GMT -5)

yes it does, that's why you use several potions, blessed and uncursed. uncursed changes 4 stats and bls changes 2. as long as the stats don't move to willpower eat more corpses.
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5765 days, 16 hours, 36 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2002 at 06:15 (GMT -5)

I meant that if your St goes to 1, you'd probably be dead right away - no chance to drink any more potions. But I suppose you could hold the Fire Orb to prevent this, or even drop everything before you start drinking the potions of exchange.

Even better, you could leave the bug temple after getting Dx to 99 and Wi to 1, do whatever else you want while training your Wi back up to 25 with morgia roots, then drink the potions of exchange, and go back to the bug temple once the 99 has been swapped out of Dx and Wi. That way you wouldn't be getting some stats to 1 while getting others to 99. If you were persistent, and had a high Food Preservation skill, you'd end up with every stat at 99 except for Wi which would be at 25.

Sadly, I imagine that using the above strategy would generally be considered cheating, since in version 1.0.1 eating bug corpses will be made a lot less useful.
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7777 days, 9 hours, 3 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2002 at 13:05 (GMT -5)

They really multiply faster on the surface.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

7651 days, 7 hours, 6 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 18, 2002 at 03:57 (GMT -5)

IIRC blessed potion of exchange switches the greatest stat & least stat, eg: your Dx is 99 (greatest), and Wi 1 (least). you drink PoE, and after that you have Wi 99 ad Dx 1. Atleast until next killer bug ;)
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

7651 days, 7 hours, 6 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 18, 2002 at 03:59 (GMT -5)

oops! I was wrong (very rare ;))))):

Blessed will swap 6, uncursed 5, cursed 2 stats.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7898 days, 18 hours, 27 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 18, 2002 at 10:24 (GMT -5)

Actually, it's the other way 'round. Blessed swaps 2, uncursed 5 and cursed 6.

Locke Cole
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5662 days, 23 hours, 5 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2002 at 21:32 (GMT -5)

hehe, just got an idea. i've done it w/ claw bugs but haven't tried w/ the other flavors.
play some music for a killer bug/greater claw bug, make it a pet, go somewhere and let it breed. pretty soon you'll have 3 loyal greater claw/killer bugs, and get 'em high level and you can kick some serious donkey.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Brotherforest
Registered user
Saviour of Trees

Last page view:

8126 days, 17 hours, 58 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 at 01:55 (GMT -5)

Done that, had greater bugs as companions, BUT when they spawned others, the newborns(hostile) killed my pets :(

Halaa puuta
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5662 days, 23 hours, 5 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 at 02:41 (GMT -5)

you can only have 3 companions, after that the spawnees are hostile/neutral.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3755 days, 19 hours, 45 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 at 11:24 (GMT -5)

What happens if you leave two loyal claw bugs in another place, then take the third and let it multiply? Will they be tame?
Die Gedanken sind Frei
HicPotboy
Registered user
Web-dude

Last page view:

7311 days, 9 hours, 11 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 at 12:53 (GMT -5)

Hmm...from a programmer's viewpoint, I BELIEVE (I am by no means certain) that they would be tame; I don't think TB would add in alot of extra code to check if you have more than three companions. If this works, you could build up an army of bugs (have one, let it spawn two, go up or down a level leaving two on that level, and repeat.) I'm not sure what would happen when you had more that three companions on one level; PRESUMABLY TB hasn't added in any code to check for that. If he has, the companions could look tame to you, but attack each other until they're down to three again. But again, I'm just theorizing on what TB has coded in. On second thought, it wouldn't be hard to check how many companions you have; just increase a variable by one whenever you get one, and reduce it when it dies. If anything, if it works, it's a bug that can be exploited. If not, I presume that someone found that bug and reported it to TB. btw, anyone else here a programmer?

---
Hicpotboy
------
Hicpotboy
---------
Less twitch, more mental itch - saying by me.
Stevehz01
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 at 20:24 (GMT -5)

as a lv21 hurthing wizzard w/ invisibility
i was able to wipe the temple w/firebolt(+21-+24)
the strength issue is solved by repeated strength of atlas spell.
THEN use the potions of exchange+ some balance
you end w/ Wi21 dex99 and a bunch of cool stuff
girdle of carying saved me once too, overburdended! was not fun i lost 200 of 208 hps
to one killer bug, but i teleported out in time...gotta be careful but its easy if you never melee and are invis.....corpse gen was never a problem
Hake
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, March 03, 2002 at 15:18 (GMT -5)

I have a question waiting for answer.
Is there a way to prevent the items from the statues getting cursed once you get them out.
I remember that if the statues are being broken a message something like this will appear:
"This act of pillaging makes you feel like a true hero". Does anyone know the way?

Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 07, 2002 at 09:08 (GMT -5)

No, IIRC they're always cursed so get a blessed scroll of uncursing ready.
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: