Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Death of a salestroll

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

7923 days, 17 hours, 12 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 at 23:15 (GMT -5)

Amanda the trollish merchant just turned into a writhing mass of chaos. :-( This character got much farther than any character I've ever played. I scum but I don't really think it would be worth it to bring Amanda back, since she was already corrupted really badly and had virtually no way to get rid of any of it. (IIRC I had 1 scroll of chaos resistance. That was it. I couldn't even get the unicorn quest because, being a troll, I leveled up so slowly I couldn't reach level 30.)

sigh...

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5766 days, 3 hours, 25 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2001 at 06:08 (GMT -5)

Sorry to hear about your character, Amanda. Do you think she got corrupted by engaging in too much melee combat with corrupting monsters, or was it just a result of all the time she had to spend in corrupting areas?

(I have never lived long enough to have more than two corruptions at once, not counting the character who went crazy playing chaos roulette because she wanted to save Khel. Oh well, I've only been playing ADOM for two months, so I'm still learning.)
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 30, 2001 at 10:17 (GMT -5)

It was from spending too much time in corrupting areas.

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Ademon
Registered user

Last page view:

8138 days, 8 hours, 2 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2001 at 11:03 (GMT -5)

Must've been near impossible if you can't save-scum your way outa it. If a savescummed character dies completely, then it MUST be hopeless.
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 30, 2001 at 15:21 (GMT -5)

Tell me about it. Actually, I'm thinking about bringing her back and trying to beat the game as quickly as possible. It will be racing against the clock, but if I can get the mana orb and finish the game before the final corruptions take place I might win. I've never won before.

Andor Drakon
Registered user
uummm... ElDeR cHaOs GoD?

Last page view:

7301 days, 2 hours, 49 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2003 at 04:49 (GMT -5)

You haven't been frustrated by corruption until you have turned into a WMoPc by eating Keriax's corpse by accident with 24 SoCRs in your pack

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: