Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Crowning

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

MeL-N
Registered user

Last page view:

7866 days, 5 hours, 40 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2001 at 09:43 (GMT -5)

Can SOMEBODY give me a good explenation of what precrowning, crowning and post crowning is?

I've gotten crowned, but what is all this of pre-crowning and getting a gift??

And common sense tells me that post crowning is getting another gift after you've been crowned..
But HOW do you get precrowned??
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

7935 days, 7 hours, 24 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2001 at 10:38 (GMT -5)

In order to get crowned, you have to sacrifice enough stuff to your god and have an extreme alignment (L+, N= or C-). You get an artifact, an amulet of order/balance/chaos, become permanently blessed, and get an immunity.

If you sacrifice enough stuff but don't have an extreme alignment, you get pre-crowning (or if you sac enough but have already been crowned, you get post-crowning), which I think is crowning without becoming blessed (maybe you also don't get an immunity. I don't remember). The one thing with pre/post-crowning is that your level must be greater or equal to 8 + 3 * the number of artifacts generated so far. Regular crowning can occur at any level.

Does this make sense? Let me know if it doesn't and I'll try to explain it better. I'm not very good at explaining things.

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
MeL-N
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2001 at 10:50 (GMT -5)

hehe, it's ok Amanda, I got it. Did'nt know that you had to have an extreme alignment to get blessed. But heard about that artifact generation thingy, it's much clearer to me now, thanks
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7789 days, 10 hours, 4 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2001 at 13:04 (GMT -5)

Actually apart from what Amanda said if you want to get precrowned you have to have a non extreme alignment.No L+,N=,or C-.An no immunity for pre or post crowning.
Watch it cos u usually get the extremley close only once.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2001 at 17:02 (GMT -5)

AFAIK you never get "extremely close" for post-crowning.

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
MeL-N
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2001 at 17:52 (GMT -5)

Wait, You can still get a post crowning gift even though your not "extremely close" to your god?
Which message is the relevant then? Which am I supposed to pray on?
Gyr
Registered user

Last page view:

8165 days, 9 hours, 9 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2001 at 20:26 (GMT -5)

Some other big differences one should mention: As pre-crowning does not actually make you Champion of your alignment, you still can change alignment afterward without experiencing blasting or other nasty effects.

Sometimes the extremly close message doesn't work properly....it doesn't hurt your piety much at all just to stand on your altar and pray to check, however.
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2001 at 20:32 (GMT -5)

Mel, just go on "very close." It's basically trial and error. If your level is high enough, you can even get multiple post-crownings without sacrificing in between. (remember that each time you get post-crowning, an artifact is generated, which means the minimum level for the next post crowning is three more than the last one.)

Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5842 days, 53 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2001 at 23:00 (GMT -5)

You can get extremely close at any time... (assuming the level requirements are met). You just have to sacrifice a lot more if you've already had a form of crowning. It will eventually come but it's not really worth wasting the time if you know you've already sacced enough.

Are you saying, Gyr, that i can get precrowned lawful and flip to chaotic, sacrifice that gift to the demented ratling later on, then become lawful agian, to complete an ULE ?

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy

Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2001 at 11:48 (GMT -5)

Yes Doug thats what I've done with my current character. I got precrowned by the chaotic dude then switched over to lawful and was crowned a champion of law. To give stuff to the ratling you hafta be chaotic.
Ademon
Registered user

Last page view:

8149 days, 22 hours, 14 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2001 at 11:49 (GMT -5)

that post above this is mine, login didnt work that time
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5842 days, 53 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2001 at 02:32 (GMT -5)

Ah kewl, i'm always at logaheads about what to give him. I've been going to get the sceptre of chaos recently to give that to him, which i've never seen anyone else do. This'll make it much easier.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: