Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / I really want to garden I do!

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Zauber
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2001 at 17:08 (GMT -5)

Whenever I try to garden ( plant seeds ) I hope for the best...and I am still waiting :(

I have tried town, wilderness and dungeons with herbs and....I just hope for the best and the best never comes....*sob*

[Edited at 17:09, Tuesday, December 04, 2001 by its autor]
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

4 days, 19 hours, 28 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2001 at 22:24 (GMT -5)

Aparently you'll have to water your plants... Holy water is especialy potent, IIRC you don't even need the gardening skill to grow herbs if you water the seeds with holy water (or so I hear).

Regular water is probably enough for someone with a high gardening skill though (otherwise what would be the point in having the skill?).

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Zauber
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2001 at 22:51 (GMT -5)

And the quest for water begins (or a rainy day I guess:)! Terinyo WILL be a garden or herbs :)

Thank you for the help

[Edited at 22:51, Tuesday, December 04, 2001 by its autor]
J.
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2001 at 03:01 (GMT -5)

Affirmative: you don't need gardening to grow herbs. I have managed to grow herbs just by pouring holy water to ground (took a couple of tries) and I didn't have Gardening.
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5837 days, 17 hours, 25 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2001 at 04:06 (GMT -5)

Spoiler
Ok if you drop a seed on the groud and 'U'se holy water it works... it doesn't even use up the herb seed. It's not guaranteed though (even less so in dungeon levels that they'll follow conway patterns - u'll use about 2 holy waters per plant).

That shouldn't be right though...

Quote from manual -
Gardening [+]: This skill enables the character to plant herbs and
harvest them later. This might come handy since some herbs have
magical properties.

so if u don't have it u shoudln't be able to plant them...

Oh and Zauber -

Spoiler
if you use herb seeds you don't need to water them, if you have gardening skill.

---
Adomer from Australia.

Dougy

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Jacknife
Registered user

Last page view:

8144 days, 17 hours, 21 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2001 at 17:59 (GMT -5)

Whats an easy way to get potions of water? making them "holy" is simple enough if youve got a coaligned alter near by.

-Peace Out, War In
-Jacknife
Zauber
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2001 at 09:04 (GMT -5)

Thanks, problem I was having was that I was that I had gardening and was planting seeds all over the place in the beginner town and nothing was happening :( it just kept saying I hoped for the best. I have not had a chance to try it with water yet because I cannot find any :)
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

4 days, 19 hours, 28 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2001 at 20:27 (GMT -5)

To find water you pretty much have to rely on luck. Though scumming potion shops and the first few levels of the ID will usualy net you a few after a while...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Kayaman
Registered user

Last page view:

7739 days, 20 hours and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2001 at 01:59 (GMT -5)

Yeah, I wanna garden too but "mail" isn't working:(
Stone Giant
Registered user
the Traveler

Last page view:

8092 days, 8 hours, 28 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Monday, January 14, 2002 at 10:06 (GMT -5)

I love making gardens too. I could just stay in Terinyo all the time harvest the crops and selling them at the shop to earn my living.
I wonder how the dog help farmers? All it seems to do is attack my enemies and follow me around. I wish you could tell it to 'do something useful' I'm sure it could sniff out the best palce to plant herbs or dig a few holes for me, oh well!
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5773 days, 10 hours, 9 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 at 04:35 (GMT -5)

I think you get different messages for planting plant seeds and herb seeds - for plant seeds "You plant a seed and hope for the best" and for herb seeds "You plant the herb seed. It withers." (There must be a message associated with planting a herb seed successfully, but I haven't seen it yet.)

The Guidebook says plant seeds grow into trees. I'm not sure what the point of trying to grow a tree is, unless maybe you want a source for logs.

You don't need herb seeds OR the gardening skill to create herbs with holy water, you just pour it on the ground.

I don't think growing herbs in Terinyo is very useful - they'll only follow the normal growth cycle on levels which had herbs to begin with.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3763 days, 13 hours, 18 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 at 15:06 (GMT -5)

If you plant an herb seed successfully, an herb bush will appear with a message to that effect.

IMO, Terinyo is probably good for herb growing because it isn't a corruption zone and has no hostile monsters. I haven't tried it, though.
Die Gedanken sind Frei

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: