Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Roguelike / Need a little help...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Greywulf
Registered user

Last page view:

6732 days, 21 hours, 18 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2005 at 18:25 (GMT -5)

Hey peeps, been playing Roguelikes as long as I've owned a computer.. since 1992. I've been playing ADOM off and on for the last five years, but my current fave is Zangband.

I've been playing Zb almost constantly for the last two months, and I've been enjoying it for the most part.. But no matter what race/class combo I try, I can never seem to get past CLVL 12.

Help! What am I doing wrong? Can anyone on this board suggest a better strategy, or at least point me toward a good guide?

Thanks.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/23/2005 at 18:44 (GMT -5) by Greywulf]
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1232 days, 3 hours, 49 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2005 at 22:39 (GMT -5)

Take it slow. You dont need to kill everything that you come across, especially not in melee.

This is a turn based game, watch your health. If you're getting low and don't see a visible escape route then drink any unidentified potions you have, read scrolls or zap wands. One might kill the attacker, teleport or heal you for example.
Greywulf
Registered user

Last page view:

6732 days, 21 hours, 18 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 25, 2005 at 05:25 (GMT -5)

Thanks for your help Armada.. I guess I knew it subconciously but I needed to hear it from someone else. My new cardinal rule: Don't be Afraid to RUN!! (jots that down next to 'try everything' and 'when in doubt, quaff in town')

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: