Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / What Adom lacks!

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Claudius
Registered user
The Exasperated Inarticulate

Last page view:

6673 days, 18 hours, 16 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2005 at 05:19 (GMT -5)

All adom needs is more ways to die :)
Member of the AAA, Adom Adicts Anonymous.
Callum Hintz
Registered user

Last page view:

4934 days, 4 hours, 50 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2010 at 00:13 (GMT -5)

Another thing about those potions of explosion. I once played a gnomish bard that used something very similar to your description to win the game (standard ending, didn't think he had what it takes for an ultra). If you have both mining and gemology (gnomes, dwarves) and abuse them, you'll eventually accumulate a pile of crystals of fire. Equip these in your missile slot with a sling, and enjoy your potions of explosion.
Xtrmntr
Registered user

Last page view:

4927 days, 13 hours, 48 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 23:14 (GMT -5)

3d graphics...
Ozma777
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 04:32 (GMT -5)

Maybe I just don't know how but something that will render an invisible character visible. (Like mummy wrappings) And the ability to wish for a specific thing like blessed +3 mithril dagger (chance for wish to fail based on how much you ask for)
Ozma777
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 07:23 (GMT -5)

I forgot another feature to suggest in adom.

A way to keep item order and also spell order constant. Like at least a way to reorder things if the order changes.

In other words if spellbook N (in inventory) is teleportation it should NOT change letters immediately after reading it so that to read it again you have to choose letter M. (not sure if anyone elses adom does this but mine does)
Or new spellbooks picked up should be below older ones in the lettering.

I can't really get into the game sometimes when I have to keep figuring out what letter the item I use most often keeps changing to.
Autotyping is a big battle technique for me.
Also same with spells.
When "a" was darkness "b" was fireball "c" was icebolt "d" was strength of atlas and the last spell "e" was teleportation and you read a spellbook "f" should be (or should be able to set to be) the new spell.
If you get used to casting "a" then backing up and casting "c" using a torch then casting "b" to take out the remainders and your spell order changes...all of a sudden you cast a bunch of different things and got hit a whole lot standing there.
Unless there is a way already to reorder spells (like the + key does in slashem) and I don't know it yet?
Spartan Spartacus
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2013 at 08:33 (GMT -5)

Ozma3z,there is already a way to render invisible to visible in adom.(at least in 111 wich i believe you use.)You can Throw it.=)
Ozma777
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 08:06 (GMT -5)

Throw it? the mummy wrapping?
Ozma777
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 07:53 (GMT -5)

On version 1.1.1 assassins have to quiver the daggers and when you run out you have to requiver and it takes a turn (so you get hit).

Maybe the game could treat daggers (and knives?) as potential missiles and would ask: "would you like to add (daggers) to your missile slot?" and then you would have to unequip your bow or crossbow (if you had previously been shooting) ("you should try using right type of launcher" message), but if you were just throwing daggers you could keep right on throwing them and not lose a turn.
Ozma777
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 23:07 (GMT -5)

sorry for triple posts, but there's no edit button

my daggers are not "throwing daggers" so won't auto quiver. I'm still new to this game, and didn't know there were two types of daggers as well as knives.
Spartan Spartacus
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, February 22, 2013 at 05:18 (GMT -5)

Potion of visibility
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: