Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / wishing for books

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

XEroX
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 30, 2005 at 22:58 (GMT -5)

Can you wish for spell books, like book of frost bolt or fireball. If so how do you state it. I have had a wish from a pool and and i tried wishing for books of frostbolt, but nothing happend.
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5895 days, 1 hour, 16 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2005 at 00:20 (GMT -5)

You type "spellbooks of frost bolt" since that is what it's called in your inventory once it's ID'd. Basically, whenever you wish for something, you type it exactly as it would appear in your inventory.
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"
Echo
Registered user

Last page view:

3587 days, 17 hours, 3 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2005 at 11:56 (GMT -5)

By the way, wishing for spellbooks of frost bolt is a waste IMHO, especially when they are commonly found. Why not wish for seven league boots / AoLS instead?
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3908 days, 15 hours, 20 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2005 at 13:18 (GMT -5)

any item can be rare (almost), and if you happen to have SLB, AOLS or everything else you need, I don't see a reason why wishing for spellbooks would be wasting a wish. I have many times used wishes to get spellbooks (mostly acid ball i think)
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Nchurmdaz
Registered user
Goblin flash mobber

Last page view:

5998 days, 7 hours, 42 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2005 at 14:05 (GMT -5)

To get RoHK and to slice through ToEF of course.

Every thing in ADOM has it's use. See topic "Handy dandy puppy corpse" as a great example.
Ubi patria ibi bene!
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5895 days, 1 hour, 16 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 02, 2005 at 18:04 (GMT -5)

Dual-wielding logs!

Wishing can indeed be annoying at times. I remember at the end of the game that I won, I pulled out my RoDS and wished for a "cute puppy." The genie was like, "try again," and I again wished for it, and he laughed and disappeared. Fortunately, I still had a WoWi with 2 charges left and realized I had to wish for "cute dog." Silly wishes. Silly Djinnis.
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"
sad the archer
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 at 07:15 (GMT -5)

i am playing long and still do not know what the benefits of Seven League Boots :-( would anyone like to tell me about it ?
Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

6134 days, 21 hours, 42 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 at 09:21 (GMT -5)

Sevenleaugeboots>

Spoiler
They increase your movement speed if normal or blessed, and decrease movement when blessed, handy to run away from monsters :)
Also, the best benefit is they massively reduce the time it takes to travel in the wilderness (again, better if they are blessed)
You can travel across the draklor chain in hours instead of days :)

*<< Words go here >>*
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3908 days, 15 hours, 20 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 at 09:47 (GMT -5)

Spoiler
Actually the 7LB's don't increase your speed, they reduce the energy cost
from the GB:
"Seven league boots can dramatically reduce the time needed to walk around in the wilderness, depending on their blessed/uncursed/cursed status:

blessed: time needed for walking is divided by 6
uncursed: time needed for walking is divided by 3
cursed: time needed for walking is multiplied by 2

Blessed/uncursed/cursed seven league boots also alter the base energy cost for movement outside the wilderness from 1000 to 500/750/1200, respectively. Seven league boots should be blessed immediately. They enable the PC to outrun anything other than quicklings. Consequently, some players regard seven league boots as the most important item in the game, and will use a wish to obtain them, if necessary."

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

6134 days, 21 hours, 42 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 at 18:07 (GMT -5)

Thats what i meant :)
*<< Words go here >>*
Seve
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, December 24, 2005 at 10:39 (GMT -5)

I sure wish wizards could do teleports on world map too. Any self respecting wizard in irl rpg's would teleport instantly from town to town instead of walking there for hours if they knew teleport spell thus avoiding them boring wilderness encounters unless searching fer special locations.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: