Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / Roleplaying story

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

HicPotboy
Registered user
Web-dude

Last page view:

7318 days, 21 hours, 22 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2001 at 11:54 (GMT -5)

OK, this thread is for me to post to, and anyone else that wants to give me suggestions on how to edit it. I'm going to add the story into one big post, with the new stuff after a line like this:
--------------------------------------------------
Next post will have the story.

---
Hicpotboy
------
Hicpotboy
---------
Less twitch, more mental itch - saying by me.
HicPotboy
Registered user
Web-dude

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2001 at 12:16 (GMT -5)

A tall, lean elf stolidly clumped up the hill. At the top he looked back, searching for his giant companion. Spotting her close by, he waved.
"Hey, Amanda, hurry up. We're almost to the top of the mountains."
The large troll grunted acknowledgment, and put on a burst of speed, quickly lumbering up to her waiting companion.
"Why we goin' to da Drakolar Chain?" Amanda asks the diminutive elf. "If Chaos is comin', me wanna get far away real fast."
The high elf's youthful enthusiam plummeted. "Why did you have to bring that up?" he complains. "I'm just here to prove that I am, in fact the most skilled fighter in the world." He paused. "Of course, I could care less about Chaos; us high elves can't be corrupted!"
Amanda snorted, latching on to the first part of his statement. "You?! A skilled fighter?!" She glanced at her club. "You weak. Elves weak. Me strong. Harharhar" Amanda lauged weakly. She couldn't get the thought of Chaos out of her mind.
"Well, are we going into the chain, or are we going to sssit here all day?" a short, serpentlike humaniod interrupts their thoughts.
-------------------------------------------------
Jan. 8, 2002
"In a minute," Amanda says absently. She was thinking of how she had met the short elf. She had been banished from her tribe when the elders found out she was a follower of Ka'Omsh. As punishment, they beat her and stoned her, until they left, believing her dead. She would have died, too, but for a kind-hearted traveller. He came across her, and used his magic to heal her. She never knew his name, and vowed to do the same, to repay her saviour.
A year passed. Amanda wandered the world, peddling her wares. In some places she was faced with hostility, but no one could deny the fact that she knew her trade. Most respected her for that, and she made a decent living. One day she found herself near an elven village. Knowing she was not welcome there, she sighed heavily and turned away, onto a dark road, obviously abandoned.
I've added some more stuff now, and, as usual, comments are very welcome.
Well, what do you guys think so far? Have I portrayed your characters like you pictured them? Comments are very welcome.

---
Hicpotboy
------
Hicpotboy
---------

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/8/2002 at 09:22 (GMT -5) by its autor]
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7784 days, 21 hours, 14 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2001 at 13:07 (GMT -5)

Er HicPotBoy why dont you try posting the same thing again to the *editted roleplay* post.
You dont need a new one.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

7930 days, 18 hours, 35 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2001 at 15:54 (GMT -5)

Messiah, this isn't like the edited rp thread. Frank is actually rewriting the story.

I like it so far. :-)

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5670 days, 11 hours, 16 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2001 at 01:18 (GMT -5)

'm fine with it.

ivan.sourceforge.net
HicPotboy
Registered user
Web-dude

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 08, 2002 at 09:41 (GMT -5)

I edited some stuff in here, but for some reason it doesn't register as a post, so I have to add an entire post to register. Check out my story. Jan, could you move this into the story thread, and fix that editing bug? So I don't have to post a new message everytime I edit my thread?

---
Hicpotboy
------
Hicpotboy
---------
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

4 days, 14 hours, 6 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 09, 2002 at 17:33 (GMT -5)

Well it's sort of intentional that edits don't register as a new post. Though I guess that can be a little problem for threads of this kind...

I would have to make some restructuring to make that happen properly though... Is it that much hassle to post a message saying "check the edit abowe" or something like that if you want the thread to jump up the list (you can delete the last "notice" to prevent clutter)?

Anyway, the thread have been moved as you might have noticed.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
HicPotboy
Registered user
Web-dude

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2002 at 09:35 (GMT -5)

yeah, that'll work. Thanks, Jan

---
Hicpotboy
------
Hicpotboy
---------

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: