Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / pernamently chaotic

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

ej
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, January 08, 2006 at 04:49 (GMT -5)

hello I have a level 50 character that is C- and I *have* to become neutral if I want to have a chance. I'm planning to get the trident and I need to do the unicorn quest very badly.

the problem is, nothing I can do seems to affect my alligment, I gave 1000000 gold to the the priest (who is lawful) gave tons of all sorts of food to beggars and when I read a scroll of balance it sais: there are MANY black stones on the one side. not 10000 or what it normally is at C-. also I tried with blesses and uncursed scrolls.

anyone knows what to do? give up?,keep giving gold and food?,altars dont seem to work either.
am I the first who has seen this many blackstones thing?
Jules
Registered user

Last page view:

4781 days, 4 hours, 35 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 08, 2006 at 05:18 (GMT -5)

Havent had the Many stones thing myself, but a favourite of mine to become lawful is to get a very powerful pet, take it to TOEF, it will constantly get hurt. Now if you have a healing spell, heal it over and over. Got me to L+ and then to an Ultra ending. Not a win for me, had died several times.
This only works if you can heal though.
tongHoAnh
Registered user
adoomed

Last page view:

6637 days, 8 hours, 59 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 08, 2006 at 10:21 (GMT -5)

a heal only do +6, and I guess it's trivival comparing to all the sorts ha has done. Havent heard of that 'many' myself.
My RL dumpyard:

http://www.geocities.com/ceruleannebula/index.html
ej
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, January 08, 2006 at 11:45 (GMT -5)

well it I seem to be on my way to neutral now,currently c. I made a companion an led him into the water cave and healed him about twohundred times. after that I read a scroll of balance And I whas 8000 black stones. also giving gold seems to work now too but I have to give a whole damn lot. the guidebook sais 1.000.000 is enough to get from C- to LN. well make that 10.000.000 . I'm still confused tough, I gave one million gp before to the priest and then read the scroll and it said the "many thing" as if it hadden't affect the alligment at all. Anyway I recomment everyone trying an ultra ending to change the alligment early on low level. And not just for ultra lawful endings.
Z
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, January 09, 2006 at 13:19 (GMT -5)

Just do it before exp level 50. On level L+1 your white stones are multiplied by (100-2L)% and rounded down. Thus, at level 49 you gain them more than twice as fast than on level 50, and on level 1 you gain them more than 50 times as fast. And giving gold to the priest works usually, or you can try negative PV armor + as much regeneration as possible + a good whip (if you hit yourself for damage x, you gain x/5 white stones at level 50, rounded down).
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5775 days, 23 hours, 50 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 09, 2006 at 15:16 (GMT -5)

About the "many stones" message, did you by any chance have very low Learning when you got it? I think that would mean that your character can't count 10000 or so stones at a glance the way most characters can.
ej
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, January 09, 2006 at 15:29 (GMT -5)

gotta be it, I got my learning (and other stats) drained dry. by lich kings after I cleared a greater undead vaulth. Anyway, I got to neutral by giving *much* more gold to the priest. He turned into a chaos being fighting andor tough, he paralayzed me. o well, I defeaded him before. but that was both with elven wizards and this was a human necromancer. If he had just killed me I might have won (after reincarnating), I had my tougness boosted up.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: