Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / How Do SoCR Work?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

ChampionEternal
Registered user

Last page view:

6652 days, 3 hours, 47 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 at 02:45 (GMT -5)

Yes I realize this is a stupid question... :)

Do they remove a set amount of corruption instantly when read, or does it take time for the effects to be felt?

Or do they just grant resistance to future corruption?

I have a level 28 gnomish wizard (save scummed... a lot), and I used 3 of them back-to-back (I have some really annoying corruptions). The first one removed a corruption, the next two didn't seem to do anything. I'm wondering if I could've used them more effectively.
Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

6131 days, 21 hours, 20 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 at 03:07 (GMT -5)

They remove corruptions instantly, they work best when blessed- a blessed SoCR can get rid of 2 corruptions!, they dont grant any resistance to chaos as far as i know.
when you read them were you in a highly corrupting place?
*<< Words go here >>*
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3905 days, 14 hours, 57 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 at 05:23 (GMT -5)

they don't necessarily remove 2 corruptions, they remove a remove a number of corruption points each, but I won't go into that here, it's all in the GB.

About your scrolls ChampionEternal: I think that the first one you read might have been uncursed or blessed, and removed one corruption and gotten very close to removing another one. I also think that your other two scrolls might have been cursed, and that's why you didn't get rid of ny ther corruptions (cursed SoCR/PoCC corrupt the PC). You get different messages with b/u/c SoCR, do you remember which messages you got?
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
ChampionEternal
Registered user

Last page view:

6652 days, 3 hours, 47 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 at 15:10 (GMT -5)

Yeah, they were in different piles... at least one of them was probably cursed.

Don't remember the message I got exactly, but I think you're right - it's just a matter of blessing them.

Thanks! :)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/17/2006 at 02:50 (GMT -5) by ChampionEternal]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: