Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / spellcost wish

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

ej
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, February 04, 2006 at 05:48 (GMT -5)

My spell cost for wish has suddenly increased from 3000 pp to 5520 pp. What the hell is going on!?

I could cast book wish from book at silvernight (cost where then 3000pp normal and 1500 silvernight) so I did, then when silvernight was over I wanted one extra wish before next silvernight So I casted wish from memory but I ran out of castings so I had to read the spellbook again. And when I read it again the cost was 5520 pp!

How is this possible!? Is there any way to get normal spelcost again or is my character doomed forever? all my stats are at one 1 now so I pretty much need infinite wishes.

possible explanations:

-I read the spelbook wish at learning 5 the second time
-All my other stats where around 1 to except mana witch is 99
-bug?

also note: It wasn't on darknight or in a strange room
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4963 days, 5 hours, 43 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 04, 2006 at 07:35 (GMT -5)

The cost of a spell increases as the knowledge of the spell decreases. If you have five (5) points of spell memory, the cost will be severerly higher then if yyou have it at two hundred and five (205). Maybe your number of castings is low, due to - as you said - that you had to learn it again?
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
ej
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, February 04, 2006 at 08:17 (GMT -5)

ok thanks that was it. My spell knowledge is 16. I never knew that the amount of knowledge influenced the spellcost.

But I also actually managed to bookcast wish with the high spellcost in the meanwhile. By combining the room effect and the mana absorb corruption and silvernight then cost was reduced to 1767 again.

now I'm wondering should I read the book again to get normal spellcost. But then I would risk it to disappear.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: