Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Question about wands + trolls

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5610 days, 14 hours, 30 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 at 00:06 (GMT -5)

I'm playing a troll barbarian now, to see how well I do without any magic. So far it's going well, I've had way more food than I need and way more carrying capacity than I'm used to. I got the potion of literacy from the dwarf, drank it and went to about 50 literacy, read a blessed scroll of identify, and my wands don't say how many charges they have. Also, when I eat a fortune cookie I can't read it.

Is there anything I can do to see the number of charges in my wands, or am I stuck with it like this forever? I have 4 learning and 8 mana currently, if that matters.

I realize this is a rare situation, so I'm not really expecting someone to know why this is happening. But I might get lucky.

The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
Bouchart
Registered user
Esteemed Grand Mystic Ruler

Last page view:

2338 days, 5 hours, 8 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 at 02:42 (GMT -5)

I think you need a minimum of 6 or 7 learning in order to know how many charges a wand has.

"Your alternatives are locked, wisehead!"
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5610 days, 14 hours, 30 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 at 12:15 (GMT -5)

Thanks, that gives me hope. I'd have 6 learning already from a potion, but I figured I'd get 25 from crystals of knowledge first. But it's hard training gemology and mining with almost no level advancements... and only one pick that costs 10500 to fix...
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
Bouchart
Registered user
Esteemed Grand Mystic Ruler

Last page view:

2338 days, 5 hours, 8 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 at 01:41 (GMT -5)

Instead of digging with a pick axe you could let monsters dig through walls for you. Rooms with ants are particularly good at this. Gems can be generated this way (along with rocks and ore) and it will train gemology too.

It costs a lot to repair a pick but maybe you have a scroll of repair somewhere in your inventory.
"Your alternatives are locked, wisehead!"
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3905 days, 14 hours, 15 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 at 09:50 (GMT -5)

also you should bless the pick axe, iirc this helps it from breaking so often
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: