Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Removing invisibility

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Blacklion
Registered user
Jellies... BAH!

Last page view:

5013 days, 5 hours, 5 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 at 04:45 (GMT -5)

I've got invisibility as an intrincic, got it from drinking from a pool I think. I need to get rid of it, because I can't enter arena and thus complete Thrundarr's quest.

Should I just go to search pools and drink from 'em, or do you have any other ideas? Does potions of visibility remove the intrincic invisibility?
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3905 days, 20 hours, 45 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 at 06:41 (GMT -5)

you can get both permanent ant temporary invisibility from pools. AFAIK the permanent invisibility can only be removed by drinking from pools. Potions of visibility only remove the invisibility temporarily, but if you're fast enough, you can do the arena quest with only a few potions.
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/27/2006 at 06:44 (GMT -5) by Morio]
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4246 days, 22 hours, 29 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 at 18:06 (GMT -5)

Blessing potions of visibility makes them last longer of course. Trying to use pools to get rid of the intrinsic isn't really recommended since the chance are very low and you're likely to end up with more bad stuff than good. If you are going to try then make sure's there's an altar nearby so you can get rid of the cursed/doomed status by saccing.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Silfir
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, March 05, 2006 at 16:39 (GMT -5)

This is the real reason why every player should consider making the first 19 fights in the Arena instantly, or at least before trying to drink from pools (i.e. Darkforge). Permanent Invisibility is too useful to get rid of :(
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5610 days, 21 hours and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 at 01:21 (GMT -5)

This is just me, but I never even want permanent invisibility. I don't drink from pools, and if I get an invisible stalker corpse I won't eat it. Mainly, I don't want to have to chase around single monsters, I want them to funnel into a hallway next to me. And I figure that if I need invisibility I can wear an item for it.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3905 days, 20 hours, 45 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 at 03:55 (GMT -5)

Wearing items that grant invisibility increase food consumption. Also, you won't have tha problem that monsters won't attack you, they will.

The top level of the dwarven graveyard is easy with invisibility. As long as you don't attack anyone, none of the monsters on the top level will move.
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4246 days, 22 hours, 29 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 at 16:24 (GMT -5)

I find the game a lot less fun when invisible. I'll only use the spell or a suitable item for tactical reasons (like a threat room of 30 lightning vortexes), otherwise it's just kinda dull.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Stretch Trumpet
Registered user

Last page view:

6619 days, 13 hours, 55 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 at 14:30 (GMT -5)

Being invisible can also help to avoid huge amount of summons, but I don't know why you would drink from pools anyways unless doing and ultra ending and need to save khelevaster and run out of options

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/11/2006 at 14:42 (GMT -5) by Stretch Trumpet]
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5610 days, 21 hours and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 at 14:41 (GMT -5)

Hi Jason! I laughed when I saw the nickname.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
Stretch Trumpet
Registered user

Last page view:

6619 days, 13 hours, 55 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 at 14:44 (GMT -5)

Hi paul, I couldn't think of a better one

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: