Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Stealing in the ID

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Invisible Coward
Registered user
Resident Ghost

Last page view:

6633 days, 12 hours, 41 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 04, 2006 at 10:54 (GMT -5)

I was just wondering the other day, while plowing through hundreds of creatures with my bear hands, if you cant find artifacts in the ID does that mean you also cant pickpocket them?

I myself am not the best person to test this, since i have never really played a thief for any length of time, but perhaps if anyone else has tried it and knows the answer you could enlighten me?
*THUMB*
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3905 days, 11 hours, 15 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 04, 2006 at 12:26 (GMT -5)

Ok, artifacts in the seems to be a commonly misunderstood thing, so I thought I'd explain it a bit.

You can't get any surges of power or vaults in the ID, but you can still get artifacts as random drops. This is rare but possible, I've gotten BoW from an ancient blue dragon once. I haven't really played thievs either, but I'm pretty sure you can pickpocket artifacts in the ID too.
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/4/2006 at 12:28 (GMT -5) by Morio]
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4246 days, 12 hours, 59 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 05, 2006 at 08:55 (GMT -5)

You can pickpocket artifacts anywhere, from any creature, as long as you are on a sufficiently high danger level. That basically means ID5 for all the artifacts it would apply to.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Invisible Coward
Registered user
Resident Ghost

Last page view:

6633 days, 12 hours, 41 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 05, 2006 at 11:57 (GMT -5)

Thanks for that, i actually had no idea artifacts could drop in the ID.I had ruled that out after one of my trolls did a dive to fight MaLaKaI, since he never found any artifacts, and very few valuble lewts (Bad luck i guess)

Needless to say MaLaKaI took me down, but i was just practicing for the Ironman Challenge, so no big deal.
*THUMB*
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3905 days, 11 hours, 15 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 05, 2006 at 12:08 (GMT -5)

"You can pickpocket artifacts anywhere, from any creature"

You can't pickpocket creatures without pockets
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 at 13:59 (GMT -5)

Hah, very valid point. What I meant was that it doesn't matter whether it's a goblin or a balor, the chance to get an artifact is the same.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4962 days, 23 hours, 22 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 at 10:21 (GMT -5)

Although it IS more annoying to pick a pair of gloves [+0, +0] from a balor then from a goblin..
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5610 days, 11 hours, 31 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 at 23:53 (GMT -5)

I once accidentally pickpocketed a greater moloch, and he didn't even own anything of value! Fortunately, that extra turn beside the greater moloch didn't get me killed.

And my sig shows another disappointing result of my pickpocketing. That one was on purpose. *grins*
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 at 13:59 (GMT -5)

Heh, yeah, there can be some funny reslts for pickpocketing. I once stole a holy symbol from a vampire, and a bit of gnomish candy from a balor :/
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5610 days, 11 hours, 31 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 at 14:52 (GMT -5)

Ooh! Here's another one I like:

"You steal a money belt [+0,+0]"

Imagine the monster in this situation... "Hah! You can't take my money, I'm wearing this mon- Hey!"
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/11/2006 at 14:58 (GMT -5) by Some guy]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: