Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Patch

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Cristus
Registered user
The smallest giant alive

Last page view:

5984 days, 10 hours, 17 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 at 12:06 (GMT -5)

Sabrina was a very promising H. Elf Wizard lvl 18 who had EVERYTHING : AoLs, three 7LBs (a wish), severals SoCR, 2h halberd of hunting, herbalism (another wish), was just about to get crowned, etc. *sigh*

I don't know what went wrong ... I backuped the file and then I felt as if running out of luck. Grrr, I HATE it when it happens :-( All my stuff was cursed, so I took my back up file and then what ? Not only my inventory got cursed again, it was scattered all over the place ! Problem is, I was in the wildrness when it happens and my stuff got scattered IN THE ******G WILDRENESS !!! Impossible to pick anything up.

I quited this game.

Bummer .... I loved her :-( ... sniff, Sabrina, ... I miss you. She was the strongest character I ever had and is still #1 in my personnal HoF.

I play winbeta4 on Windows 98.

Now, I'm seriously considering using the patch. I think it's not Creator's approved, right ? Do people here use it ? Is it considered cheating ? If it can just prevent the game from crashing that often (winbeta crash pretty often on my computer) so I don'y have to make that many back up and thus avoid having my stuff cursed (was not the first time), it will be a major improvement. Right now, it is too frustrating to go on playing.
All your base are belong to us.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4246 days, 13 hours, 49 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 at 14:02 (GMT -5)

I don't know what patch you're talking about, but I'd personally suggest you use ADOM Sage if you want the most stable version of ADOM. I also have fallen in love with it's many nice little features, like coloured text and teleporting to staircases...
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Cristus
Registered user
The smallest giant alive

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 07, 2006 at 16:40 (GMT -5)

The patch in question can be found here :
http://folk.ntnu.no/houeland/adom/

Isn't using ADOM sage considered heavy cheating ? I need advice. Teleporting through levels and such weren't in the intentions of TB, methink. Is it possible to play the plain 'n regular ADOM with ADOM sage ?

If all else fail, I will surely contend myself with that anyway :-/
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4246 days, 13 hours, 49 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 at 13:06 (GMT -5)

ADOM Sage does not contain any cheat function I'm aware of. What I meant about teleporting was that when you activate teleportation and it asks where you want to teleport to ADOM Sage lets you use the > and < keys to choose one of the staircases, or even lets you click on the square you want. It's not letting you do anything different than the normal game except that it's easier than using the up and down arrows to get to the right square. Every other function of ADOM Sage is in the same vein, improving the interface of ADOM in nice little ways.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Cristus
Registered user
The smallest giant alive

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 at 17:01 (GMT -5)

Ok, Darren, I'll take your word for it and give it a try. Not that I am at much risk here :-D Tanks a lot !
Cristus
Registered user
The smallest giant alive

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 at 10:43 (GMT -5)

I finally opted for the patch and it seems to work well. No crash yet, even the 'skilled' talent will work (not that I have a use for it). My archer is now level 19 !

May I submit it to the HoF if he managed ?
Taarn
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2006 at 23:44 (GMT -5)

Hey, this patch looks great! But I've run into a few snags getting it installed. I'm already running AdomSage to get auto-swap and other such goodies, and that runs the linux version. however I myself am running windows and have no idea how to install the linux Adom patch... anybody know how i can do this?

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: