Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Getting into the bug temple?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

IForgotMyPassword
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, April 17, 2006 at 08:15 (GMT -5)

At 82 deaths in the HS list, I try to get my character in and it won't let me. I kill off another 20 or so characters, and it still won't let me in.

I have 100 deaths now, so what's the deal? Does it not count the # of deaths after the character is created?
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4246 days, 21 hours, 12 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 17, 2006 at 09:30 (GMT -5)

Only newly created characters will be able to enter the bug temple. All your saved chars won't be able to enter unless the high score had 100 entries upon creation.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3905 days, 19 hours, 28 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 17, 2006 at 09:48 (GMT -5)

it's not the high score that needs to have 100 deaths, 100 characters must have been created (the symbol in adom.cnt must have a ascii value of 100 or more, iirc 'd' has an ascii value of 100).

Also, just for the record, I don't find editing the adom.cnt -file anymore cheating than creating and instantly quitting 100 characters, it's only faster :)
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
IForgotMyPassword
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, April 17, 2006 at 15:28 (GMT -5)

Thanks. Looks like I'll be starting a new character then, those corpses are just too good to pass up.
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5610 days, 19 hours, 44 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2006 at 21:30 (GMT -5)

Morio has a good point, that really isn't more cheaty. I'll remember that tip next time I need to "break-in" an Adom game.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: