Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Oops, stuck again

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Taarn
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2006 at 17:29 (GMT -5)

Okay, so things were going well untill I got excited. Playing an orcish barbarian, crowned, post-crowned neutral, generally kicking monster tuckus. I even finally get my potion of literacy so I can read all those blessed scrolls of identify. Hey, great I got a scroll of teleportation. And I have teleport control! And I'm in Dwarftown, I'll just go get some SoCRs! Yay, I got em!

Wait... how do I get out now? Ummm, wand of traps? Nope, just arrowed and rocks on my head and a squeeky floor... Kick through the wall?...

Uh oh...

So I'm really stuck, and I'm hoping for a few ideas. Don't have a pickax or wand of digging or destruction or teleport or anything useful that I can find... anyone else do this stupid mistake?
Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

6125 days, 11 hours, 26 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2006 at 19:59 (GMT -5)

If you have any spell books, you can read one and hope that you 'suddenly stand somewhere else'
or if you have any blessed potions of exchange you could try dipping a wand into it in the hope of getting a teleporting wand> pickaxes and wands of digging wont break through your new prison :(
*<< Words go here >>*
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5604 days, 5 hours, 20 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2006 at 20:47 (GMT -5)

First, let me point out how stupid it is to go in there - on purpose, yet - without any way of teleporting back out. But I'm sure you've learned from this, I'm sorry for my harsh words. Those walls also aren't diggable, the only way to break through them is a wand of destruction.

So, your only way out is teleportation. You have almost no chance of escaping again, but here's your possible methods:

1. Make sure you really truly have no wands or scrolls of teleportation, helms of teleportation, etc. You might have missed one.

2. See if you can make a teleport trap. Tele traps are only possible on one of the levels dwarftown is on. This won't help you, it's just a general reference.

3. Zap wands of wonder in there, hope for teleport. You don't have to zap the wand on yourself, you'll still get some points in the spell if you don't. Though any bolt spells in there will probably bounce back and forth on you.

4. Spellbooks can teleport you sometimes when you fail to read them, so read any you might have. If you curse them first, teleporting and other bad effects are more likely.

5. Use wands of monster creation, and pray. A pixie corpse can give you teleportisis. A displacer beast corpse will teleport you.

6. If you have loads of food and dwarftown is on level 10 or 11, sit and wait. You might get the teleportisis corruption.

I'll add Chaos Muffin's idea for completeness:

7. Dip wands in potions of exchange if you have them, hope for teleportation.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
Taarn
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, April 22, 2006 at 05:38 (GMT -5)

Oh yeah, I'm with you on how stupid it was. Not quite sure what, or if, I was thinking when I did that. Only thing I could try for was corruptions. Managed to survive to get three of them, none useful. Ah well, that'll learn me. Thanks for the ideas though, easily could have helped, had I been a bit luckier.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4240 days, 6 hours, 48 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 22, 2006 at 10:07 (GMT -5)

Further to point 3, if you use a wand of door creation, close the door, and zap any bolts at it then they won't bounce.

Also, another thing to try is using potions of raw chaos or cursed SoCR/PoCC to get corruptions rather than waiting around. The moon sickle can be handy for creating raw chaos potions...
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5885 days, 15 hours and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 23, 2006 at 18:49 (GMT -5)

A good thing to do in some cases is to try to make sure you pop by the level above the Assassin's Guild (I forget what it's called) and procure the wand of teleportation there. It's always handy to have a form of on-demand teleportation that you can recharge when you need to.
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: