Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Entrance to SIL

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Shea
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 18:41 (GMT -5)

Again I'd like to say I never cheat or save scum or anything. I don't use any utilities. This guy is constructed by a method I've used with my other characters. The lowest score in my scorebook is about 30,000.

Okay so my last character died (I won't bore you with the story), but I've built an "ultimate gray elf" which, after painstaking travel through the infinite dungeon, had 99 in every skill before I cast wish once. Now I'm about 12 points from 99 in everything (perception -10, whoopie), but I've made the invisible sage (I saved the 'dying sage') angry so I'm going for a chaos ending instead. The subtlety of a farmer corpse without making him angry in Tery was lost on me. Well, not lost... I had just never done it. Now I'll try wishing for a farmer instead. The guy outside of HMV was killed by a random monster and I had no chance to save the corpse, if even there was one. I was in town out of LOS.

Until then, I thought I'd at least go as far as the crumpled scroll in the trident quest, just for the experience of learning about it the ToTRR quest. The minstrel told me (well... rather he implied it) where to go to get to the entrance of the SIL.

Can someone tell me if I'm wrong here? I'm supposed to swim around and find the entrance? ... you know where? Unreal! If I've got this one right, this is one of the biggest PITAs I've seen in a while. I froze the entire thing so I can tell where I've tried it but I'm hunting and pecking everywhere.

Can someone who has recovered the trident at least tell me that I'm "doing the right thing" here? :)

Also, is there any downside to camping inside the quickling tree and eating them repeatedly? I'm currently at a speed of about 180 with the +20 corruption bonus needed to get in there.

BTW some cool points - I think I know how to get an amulet of life saving nearly every time I play. This guy got six of them, and four rings of Dijinni Summoning!!!! I think they're related, and I remembered what I did and will try it again. I'd like to prove it out before I say "hey everyone I know how to get the AoLS every time". Another side point, I got the guy in dwarftown to give me the 4 SoCR, and collected every one of the others. Combined I had, at one point, 19 SoCR all blessed. I found one shortly after I read the first one. All told that makes twenty. Add to it, 12, count them, 12 potions of cure corruption. I'm going for a completely uncorrupted Chaos God ending.

Anyway I have the 5 orbs, and 3 chaos trinity already at the old barbarian glade. I'm just really closing out the game and doing everything I want to do. I'd like a 200+ speed if possible on quicklings and to kill the emperor moloch. I'll then wish for 2 more emperor molochs before taking the final dive thru the gate. Short of my being as dumb as the last time (stepped on the *%#@ altar at the temple of divine mana accidentally...there was crap everywhere so I didn't realize I had done it until it was too late), I think this guy can put up an ultimate ending.

Anyway, can someone who knows the entrance to SIL at least tell me if I'm going about it the right way? :)

Thanks much!
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3905 days, 19 hours, 58 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2006 at 03:52 (GMT -5)

"Until then, I thought I'd at least go as far as the crumpled scroll in the trident quest, just for the experience of learning about it the ToTRR quest. The minstrel told me (well... rather he implied it) where to go to get to the entrance of the SIL.

Can someone tell me if I'm wrong here? I'm supposed to swim around and find the entrance? ... you know where?"

ok, this is kinda spoily so:

Spoiler
Well, you've pretty much gotten it all wrong. The SIL has nothing to do with the TotRR. The SIL is a level deep down in the ID, (but not actually a part of it) and MaLaKaI is found on this level along with the Sceptre of Chaos.

I think what you might be looking for is the Scintillating cave, where you (if you manage to survive long enough) will find the emperor moloch, who holds the crumpled scroll. This cave is located close to the entrance to the minotaur maze

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Cmuffin
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2006 at 21:50 (GMT -5)

and wish for emperor molochs *before* you go kill him, other wise the greater molochs wont appear
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5773 days, 3 hours, 17 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2006 at 04:37 (GMT -5)

Shea, did you know that Khelavaster will still summon the TotRR when he's hostile? He may pick it up and wield it against you, but you should have no difficulty killing him to get it back.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: