Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Level 50 advice please

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Jules
Registered user

Last page view:

4771 days, 19 hours, 43 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 02, 2006 at 16:48 (GMT -5)

This is for my first win, so help me out please.

Dark elf Wizard.
Str 50 Wi 38 (base 30) To 45 Ma 49.
Speed 190
Hp 465 Ma 650

Spells Acid Ball level 30
Many others, bolts etc at high level.
Mystic Shovel, earthquake

Level 50 is easy to reach, teleport spell * 1000, + control
All I have to do is hit it pull then handles, get them in a permanent state, and survive.
Whats the best tactic?

Can earthquake destroy the walls and keep the handles in the correct place?
Or must I destroy the eniter level like I have already done with the mana temple?

Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, June 02, 2006 at 18:35 (GMT -5)

Having completed ADOM a bunch of time with wizard characters I can reassure you that you are more than prepared for level 50. What is the best tactic? Simple: blast the hell out of everything with acid ball. Naturally you will want to boost your willpower as high as possible.

Your HP and PP are surprisingly low - what level is your character? It shouldn't prove terribly problematic. Simply don't let anything near you and destroy everything from a distance. About the only possible danger are the balors which are capable of teleporting next to you - so be sure to remain in coward mode and use an equipment combo that maximises your DV. Naturally teleport away from anything that gets too close. I'm not sure whether the Chaos Wizards are capable of casting death ray - best to use some form of death ray resistance to be on the safe side.

Invisibility will make things easier and Farsight will ensure that you aren't surprised.

Try to destroy the Chaos Wizards as quickly as possible because their summoning can grow tiresome quickly.

While you could simply pull the levers and leave, any denizens that you don't destroy may re-activate them. Either destroy the levers permanently with a wand of destruction (AFTER de-activating the chaos portal!) or simply destroy everything on the level. Another alternative is to create (and lock) doors around the levers after summoning monsters on top of the levers that aren't capable of pulling them - however, that is a finicky strategy.

Bottom line: invisibility + controlled teleportation + acid ball = easy victory.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: