Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Assassins....

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5053 days, 21 hours and 17 minutes ago.
Posted on Friday, June 09, 2006 at 16:29 (GMT -5)

Having just recently started playing Adom again (after a 1 month break), I've started playing Dark Elven Assassins. Now, I've completed the game a fair few times (no scumming, saving or anything), and yet, I can't get these buggers to get anywhere! I usually get them to about lv 10, and then they fall over a pebble or something and die. Annoying! What's everyone else's view on them? And how do you keep them alive? What are your strategies for em? I just wanna have a good game with an assassin for once!

Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2006 at 04:33 (GMT -5)

Some of this may be spoily so . . .

S
P
O
I
L
Y

S
P
O
I
L
Y

I haven't played assassins much, but when I have they have proven to be awesome combat all-arounders. Their class powers are suited to close- and long-range combat and they are deadly when invisible (backstabbing skill + class powers). They need to be played with care, however, because they can be fragile in the early game (particularly dark elf assassins). Like most frail characters, securing a consistent source of morgia is a must for improving toughness and, thus, survivability.

All in all, I find assassins are best played "in character". That means sneaking around, backstabbing enemies or hunting them from a distance, and using poison (poison is vastly under-used and under-rated). If you want to play a tank then rather go with a beastfighter, barbarian, or something similar.
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1227 days, 12 hours, 40 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 17, 2006 at 22:29 (GMT -5)

Just make sure to put your stack of daggers to good use. You start with a decent proficiency with thrown daggers, so fling a few at anything in range before closing to melee.

Poisons are your friend, turn the useless junk you find into a lovely green coating for your weapons.
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5828 days, 20 hours and 51 minutes ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 18, 2006 at 04:19 (GMT -5)

Or if you're outta daggers, you can just throw the potion. No damage, but the poison's still there.
And don't forget to refresh the poison, as, if I remember correctly, all is used up in the first successful strike.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1227 days, 12 hours, 40 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 18, 2006 at 11:30 (GMT -5)

No, it can take a couple swings. You can tell if your weapon is still poisoned by the lovely little (p) next to it in your equipment screen
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5828 days, 20 hours and 51 minutes ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 18, 2006 at 12:22 (GMT -5)

Strange, I've just tested it and so far, I only managed to make it survive for 1 swipe.
But maybe it depends on certain factors...
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Portrait
Naiyor
Registered user

Last page view:

1886 days, 20 hours, 6 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 23, 2006 at 20:41 (GMT -5)

I have noticed that the poison can last quite a while...not sure if b/u/c status has any affect though...

I think I will have to start an assassin to check it out

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: