Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Curses and Chaos

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5890 days, 17 hours, 12 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2006 at 00:11 (GMT -5)

So what you're saying is, a Lawful Good person could be forced into a Neutral Good position, if the laws in his/her country were changed to be evil?
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"
????
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2006 at 02:03 (GMT -5)

I don't think just being chaotic "allows" you to cheat; you could have other reasons than respect of laws and order not to, like respect for other people.
DarrenGrey
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2006 at 08:47 (GMT -5)

Yeah, a lawful good person in a country with evil laws would obviously be in a bit of a moral dilemna. If in a situation of, for instance, deciding whether or not to rescue a Jew under the Nazi regime they would be forced to act in either a lawful neutral or neutral good way.

As for cheating, it's certainly not required for chaotics to cheat, but they are more inclined to than non-chaotics. Chaos implies an inbred disrepect for all rules - a rebellious streak if you will. But of course that can be overcome by their good nature in certain circumstances. The idea is they follow their own moral code (good or evil), rejecting any morals that others try to impose on them through laws and rules. It also implies an element of randomness. A chaotic neutral character might, for instance, deliberately handicap themselves in a duel to make things more fun.
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: