Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / XPs, Sacrificing and Piety

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

mattam
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, July 06, 2006 at 18:54 (GMT -5)

Hi Folks!

I just spent a loooong afternoon sacrificing wmopc and chaos mutants, made myself by leading monsters across a corruption trap to my diety.

getting around 100 XPs for each of them i had the impression that my diety finds them tastefull. But still no precrowning after 30 wmopcs! Then I went back to the old method: w5, pickpocket, sac whatever it is (as long as it isn't neutral) (Istaria was the deity who devoured all those chaos beeings)

So my question is: Is there a relation between the XP award an piety gained? Or was i just wasting my time leading those beeings across the trap? (And gaining 3 Corruptions from their attacks)

Anybody knows about that?
mattam
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, July 06, 2006 at 19:00 (GMT -5)

I of course have to add that crowning went as usual after switching to the old routine, yielding up to 4 XPs per sacrifice...
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3118 days, 5 hours, 59 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 06, 2006 at 19:03 (GMT -5)

The XP is just a % of the XP you'd get for killing the monster, nothing more.
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
mattam
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, July 07, 2006 at 14:33 (GMT -5)

Thanks Maelstrom.
So i did waste that afternoon :)
BTW: That character just got killed by the catlord.

*sob*
Molach unplugged
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, July 07, 2006 at 19:31 (GMT -5)

Well you did gain 3000 xps.

I think either the guidebook or manual (forget which) says that tougher monsters give more piety. Like a goblin is good sac for a level 3, but not so for a level 15. But this is as far as we know not true.
mattam
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, July 08, 2006 at 19:12 (GMT -5)

Well... 3000 Xps... there are easier ways to get that :)

And i also gained three corruptions during that ordeal. ;)

But if anybody wants to know: my current hurthling farmer is doing great! 3 Precrowning gifts! Natures Friend, Crown of Leadership and bracers of war. :D Did the pyramid without detect traps and the dwarfen graveyard with detect traps 6. :D One corruption so far (antenna) and 10 SoCR.

Crowning is really easy for hurthlings! Just Sac everybody that disturbs you cooking jackal and wolf corpses ;)
Jules
Registered user

Last page view:

4771 days, 20 hours, 51 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 at 06:54 (GMT -5)

I'm currently attemtping a second pre-crown, but despite saccing entire levels on multiple altars, handing over 10 spellbooks etc, my prayers remain unheard. 16th level, so need to do this soon or lose the pyramid.

Only two artifacts have been generated, si and emerald dagger. I'm neither doomed or cursed (revelation spell works wonders here). What is going wrong?

Haven't sacced any gold, but gems, herbs etc have all gone upstairs. Another hour of saccing is all I'm prepared to do before I get on with things.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4240 days, 10 hours, 30 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 at 12:33 (GMT -5)

Second precrownings do take forever - roughly 160 live sacs, compared with 60-80 for a first precrowning. Always remember though that you won't be told when you're close enough. You'll never get the "extremely close" message. The only way to find out is to actually try and pray.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5828 days, 6 hours, 48 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 at 16:43 (GMT -5)

Dwarf characters have less problem though... instead of live sacrifices, get Miser, pickup and sell everything, kill everything, sac the gold (like 300 gold from goblins and large bats does rock) and you'll be precrowned in no time.
Orcs seem to be OK too, there are ample melee weapons in the game.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
mattam
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 at 13:59 (GMT -5)

Well i never play a character without miser... or alert for that matter (Treasure hunter anyone?) ;)

And yes: 2nd and 3rd precrownings do take forever. and attempting them when your neutral is pure horror...
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5885 days, 18 hours, 42 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 at 23:08 (GMT -5)

My gray elven wizard that won took 45 days to get three neutral pre-crownings. And even on my second and third pre-crownings, I managed to reach the extremely close level. Don't know if you always can, but that was the case with my wizard.
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: