Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / The weird tome and silence

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3117 days, 19 hours, 30 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 at 09:26 (GMT -5)

Well, to put it short, my current char had the worst of luck, when it comes to SoCR - the dwarven Mistic gave her the axe (Wield it with honor my ass! Can't you idiot see I'm a mutated wierdo?!), and I talked to the liberarian before the turns have passed.
Then I fought normally all the monsters (2 molochs and a diamond golem at level 18... not bad for a barbarian). And talked to him again. Nothing.
So, having lots of books, I gave them all to him. "Thanks, thanks, thanks" aaaand. I talk to him - "thank you for keeping silent"... And what do you think? I pressed 'space' one time too many...NOOOO! The chance is wasted. I talk to him, and there goes the dreaded "pssst!".

BUT! I remembered a book store (with the black tome in it too). I stole all the books (shopkeepers don't scare me anymore with this guy), came back (lost ALL my potions on the fall), gave him the books and here he goes again, "thank you for the silence, etc."

So, what's the point of this story? If you fail to keep the silence, you still have a chance @ those 5 scrolls, just waste some books on him. Just thought I should share this, never seen anything on this topic here.
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5885 days, 8 hours, 13 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 at 11:25 (GMT -5)

Interesting. Why do you have to give him books? I just recently played through the library as a gray elven bard, and after I'd read through all the books, I talked to the ghost librarian and he said "Psst!" However, I went back to the main room and did w5 for over a day long then went back to him and talked to him again, at which point he gave me the weird tome. It's just that I've heard that once he says "Pssst!" your chances are lost, and that didn't seem to be the way it was with my bard.
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3117 days, 19 hours, 30 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 at 12:57 (GMT -5)

Don't know why, I just did, because he accepts them. And since that was a dwarven barbarian, chances of me reading all those books were close to zero. Seems to work.
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
mattam
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 at 20:05 (GMT -5)

I only once got that tome, and then i lured that Librarian out with a pet. (Scroll of Familliar Summoning, used in the library: produced a tame Chaos Warlord! *gulp*)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: