Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Does ID corrupt deeper?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Seve
Registered user
HallelujaaGobble!

Last page view:

6444 days, 21 hours, 44 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 at 08:58 (GMT -5)

So as I have been to toef and rift with no luck finding AoLS I think next place to go is ID. So does that place corrupt ye when ye go down deeper than those 9 lvls mentioned uncorrupting in guidebook?

Or is there some other spot to still get to? Been to gremlin caves and killed that crazy dwarwen smith and his horde of golems,small cave,been to high mount village,killed that corrupted druid... Should I try bug temple with lvl24 char of

Yes game time is around 190 days now.
HallelujaaGobble!
Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

6126 days, 3 hours, 4 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 at 18:09 (GMT -5)

Deeper Id does corrupt, at least untill you close the gate :p
Did you try the Gremlin Pit trick? i usually do it in the Dwarven Halls (a corrupting place, but you get good loot), and usually come away with a ring of djinn, or an Aols, and if im reaaaaaaaly luck i get a wand of wishing.
*<< Words go here >>*
Seve
Registered user
HallelujaaGobble!

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 at 19:43 (GMT -5)

Ye mean make water trap and use fluff balls then picpocket every gremlin?
HallelujaaGobble!
Seve
Registered user
HallelujaaGobble!

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2006 at 16:35 (GMT -5)

Well after some 30-40 level dive to ID I've not found AoLS and only got 1 corruption so I would quess corruption there is slow. What is good thing about this corruption is that I finally got mana battery corruption and can start to boost my mana to be able to cast wish. Will be slow tho...
HallelujaaGobble!
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5053 days, 19 hours, 9 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2006 at 16:43 (GMT -5)

VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY SLOW!

I'm currently in that process with my Lv 50 Human Wizard. I've got the mana battery corruption, and am currently on Lv 900 of the ID. And even with all the wishes to get extra PP, and all the wand draining, and all the reading blessed Scrolls of power, and eating corpses, and all the other means of getting power points up, I've only just got over the casting cost of wish. It's a very long trek, and I've been playing with this guy for a few weeks.
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4240 days, 22 hours, 26 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2006 at 17:04 (GMT -5)

Well, the whole archmage thing is really an exercise in boredom. I mean TB never designed it that way, people just found that they could scum the game engine in a way to produce those results. But as with all scumming it takes a lot of patience. Remember to keep an eye out for any armour with the "of power" suffix - gives 20% extra PP, I think.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5143 days, 4 hours, 20 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2006 at 17:24 (GMT -5)

Casting wish once for an AoLSis not that bad a deal. You can cast it from health too, at double gain too. At silver/darknight it will cost only 1500 PP, not THAT hard to get to. Armor "of life" is better than power, gives +20% HP.

500 HP and 500 PP will be enough to cast wish, you can use statboosting potions too, since you will only do this once.

There are even rooms which lower casting cost, if you find any of these on your travels make a note of them.

I cast it at level 32 once, after a medium amount (2000 kills) of grimlin killing.
ej
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2006 at 18:09 (GMT -5)

I did it once, wasn't that hard to achieve, the actual wishing and constantly wishing for chaos resistance (because I was using the orb constantly) was the most boring part of it.

I simply got the level 50 and used the orb a few times to get my mana to 99 (unicorn helps to remove corruption, and socr from kelly and ministrel) also I had the Torr so I didnt need to use the mana orb alot before I got mana at 99.

Btw, I noticed that, -in the game atleast-, darknight doesn't lower the casting cost for chaotic characters, not for wish atleast.
Seve
Registered user
HallelujaaGobble!

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2006 at 18:14 (GMT -5)

Hmm... well if it will take that long to get archmage lever of pp I will forfeit that plan and try instead to wait for darknight and cast it once to get that AoLS to khelly... Now I have to get some 130pp from wands for this plan to work...

Btw does darknight/silvernight have efect on chaotic/lawful casters respectively os is there no difference? And will reduced spell cost be show when casting so that I won't accidentially kill myself doing it on wrong time?
HallelujaaGobble!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/31/2006 at 20:16 (GMT -5) by Seve]
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5143 days, 4 hours, 20 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 01, 2006 at 02:04 (GMT -5)

I only did it at silvernight with a lawful.

Sadly, you have to calculate how much casting cost you can handle. Take your HP * 2 and add your PP. This is your max total.

Happily, in your spell list (when you press 'Z' it will show the correct Real amount of PP needed. 3000 or 1500 or even 1200. Trust those numbers.

So boost both PP and HP. There are quite a few stats that boost HP. Toughness most, obviously, but the manual will tell you that ST and WI give more "initial hitpoints", meaning that increasing those will increase your current HPs.
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5615 days, 5 hours, 22 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 01, 2006 at 05:44 (GMT -5)

Seve: one trick you could try using to get some more PP is repeatedly charging and emptying one BLESSED wand.
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, September 01, 2006 at 06:27 (GMT -5)

I thought wizards could only recharge wands once?
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3899 days, 20 hours, 42 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 01, 2006 at 11:28 (GMT -5)

Gozer: yeah, but there are other ways to recharge wands too
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5615 days, 5 hours, 22 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 01, 2006 at 11:29 (GMT -5)

Gozer: who said anything about using the wizard trick ? There are ways of recharging wands more than one time:

Spoiler
Dipping into booze or mana, reading scrolls of charging

One wand can be recharger lotsa times.
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: