Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / My Hurthling Thief is awesome,

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Muffin o' Chaos
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 at 22:52 (GMT -5)

My first ever serious character was a hurthling theif, so im giving it another go, Jarl was precrowned with ironfist gauntlets, found an amulet of lifesaving in the HMV, had a crystal tower shield and stone spear of devastation, but the awesomest bit: he found an eternium two handed sword of penetration in the Darkforge.
YEAH!
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5451 days, 13 hours, 44 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 04, 2006 at 18:26 (GMT -5)

Not bad, is he a chaotic or what? Most should fall easily to Two-handed sword, gl!
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

6131 days, 1 hour, 21 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 04, 2006 at 19:06 (GMT -5)

He be lawful hurthling, but am going for avatar, so will fall into chaos for a while
*<< Words go here >>*
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4245 days, 20 hours, 43 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 04, 2006 at 19:40 (GMT -5)

In the darkness deep in the bowels of the earth the inquisitive hurthling claws at the ground beneath him, searching desperately for potions, trinkets, weapons, any magical items that can increase his power. It no longer matters to him that these were once the graves of forgotten soldiers, even mighty magicians and sorcerors from the sides of law and chaos who once battled in these caverns for rule over the Chain. Jarl left his home to come to this far away place so that he could protect his family and his way of life. But since he has fought battles with dement and tainted beings, hideous creatures with gnashing teeth and flailing limbs. He has survived a tower with the heat of all hells combined, and sparred with towering demons whose leerng faces are madness to look upon. He has been hunted and ambushed, roasted and acidified, and the corrupting nature of these deep dungeons has warped his body into vile and twisted shapes, scarred beyond regonition of any of his loved ones. And now he just wants power... Power to beat those who threaten him. Power to crush his enemies. Power to destroy them all!

And so he scavanges the long-abandoned graves of the resting dead in hope of treasure. He has already cleared the area of the undead atrocities that walked this cold subteranean crypt. He feels no fear as he hastily digs deeper, searching for the power he seeks. But suddenly the earth beneath him gives way, and up from underneath comes a terrible hiss and a chill grasping hand, firmly grabbing hold of his leg. He yelps and hacks the hand away, but swiftly from the grave arises a tall robed figure, redolent with evil power, eyes glowing in anger at its disturbance. Jarl's reflexes get over the shock quickly, and within seconds two arrows whizz through the air and thud into the chest of the lich. The undead wizard drops motionless to the ground, a trickle of green fluid oozing out along the slaying arrow that pierced its heart.

Jarl took a moment to recover from the sudden adrenaline rush, but after gathering his senses he began to rifle through the lich's robes looking for any further treasure he might find. Disappointed with the poor results he inspects more closely a thin circlet of metal around the creature's forehead, and in doing so first notices the power he was looking for... The creature's lifeless eyes were still glowing, an evil magic lurking deep within. The hurthling hesitates a moment, dark thoughts crossing his mind, before slowly he reaches out and plucks out one of the luminous eyeballs. He slowly places it into his mouth and reluctantly chews. The cold flesh tastes vile and putrid, and he almost feels like throwing up, but then as he swallows he feels a small tingle of power spread through his body. Yes, this was it... The power he was looking for... He reaches over to the corpse for more...

And hour later the corpse is gone. A few metres away the hurthling is giggling to himself, a mad look of glee on his face. As he opens his mouth to laugh a thin line of green blood drips down his chin. He starts digging for more...
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5891 days, 4 hours, 55 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 at 18:10 (GMT -5)

Where did that come from?
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 at 18:33 (GMT -5)

Liches? Dropping corpses? Whaa?
-My brother
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 at 20:49 (GMT -5)

Haha, sorry, just felt like typing something random about a hurthling turning chaotic. Didn't stop to think that liches don't drop corpses :/
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
ChaossyMuffin
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 at 23:21 (GMT -5)

Darren, that was awesome. write another, this one about Jarl incountering a tension room of greater molochs!
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5891 days, 4 hours, 55 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 at 00:04 (GMT -5)

I'm going to have to pay attention to the development of this thread...
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4962 days, 7 hours, 6 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 at 15:08 (GMT -5)

Speaking of developement, how is the rampaging, chaotic hurthling doing nowadays?
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 at 15:28 (GMT -5)

Yeah, plus, as a hurthling, wouldn't he want to *cook* it first? Or would that destroy it because it's highly vulnerable to fire?
-My brother
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 at 18:00 (GMT -5)

Well, cooking it does risk destroying the corpse. If you're not interested in preserving a corpse and want to enjoy its stat-boosts then you're better off eating it straight away.

I'll maybe type something up about Jarl and some friendly greater molochs in the Stories board...
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5031 days, 23 hours, 40 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 08, 2006 at 09:01 (GMT -5)

nice read :)
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: