Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Finding WoWi in Shop ?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5451 days, 12 hours, 54 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 at 15:13 (GMT -5)

I would say you should pray, because then you don't have to wait as long. Just sack alot at altars. Also, I think there is a way to open it in notepad to have your person keep typing Z W Potions of Ultra Healing (Z for cast, W for spell, and PoUH for them). I don't know how to do this but someone else might.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5031 days, 22 hours, 50 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 02:40 (GMT -5)

i guess if you set the autowalk function to some big big number instead of 20 then hit w5 it could speed the process up a bit. it'd take less real time but the same amount of game time though.
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5620 days, 2 hours, 50 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 02:51 (GMT -5)

Cat Lord Lord: no can do. For one, I don't have notepad (I'm playing on Linux, remember) and second, bookcasting uses r (read) instead of Z (cast spell). Then again, copypasting from clipboard just might work, gotta test that.

Taz's idea of increasing the wait timeout to some large value sounds like a good idea (if it works). Setting the wait timeout to something like 2000 should speed up mana recovery a lot and IIRC the wait is interrupted if the char status changes (e.g. gets hungry) so there should be less change of starving due to carelessness.
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5031 days, 22 hours, 50 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 10:28 (GMT -5)

IIRC the wait is interrupted if the char status changes (e.g. gets hungry) - exactly. that's what i remember too :)
i'd check it first just in case though. and make sure you're not relying on strength of atlas to lug your stuff around because i dont remember if you get prompted to stop walking if it wears off.

if i remember right, this is how you do it (at least in the dos version):

:= (or just '='. one lets you see the variables, one lets you overwrite them. i might have the order wrong.)
then in the screen that comes up, type "Persistence = insertnumberhere". the default value is 20.

i dont know if there's a max though.

check your readme.linux file, it's towards the end of the document, for more detail if you want.
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4245 days, 19 hours and 54 minutes ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 12:18 (GMT -5)

Copypasting from the clipboard should indeed work from what I've heard other Linux users say. It's apparently a good way to gremlin scum in the water dragon cave. As for increasing the weight time, it is indeed by far the best method since it will stop for hunger, corruption, spells wearing off, and anything else you can think of that might risk your character. You can't wait through starving, and you'll get interupted with a more prompt every turn before Strength of Atlas wears off (so repeatedly pressing w5 won't kill you unless you have the more prompt set to any key instead of just Z and spacebar).
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 12:40 (GMT -5)

I'm thinking of dropping off all exta weight when I start the wish round. The char only needs mucho food (blessed stoma), one waterproof blanket (to prevent rain from drenching the book) and the wishbook itself. If the char is also wearing some strength-enhancing stuff (Ironfist and GoGS comes to mind) strength should never drop below 20-something so no fear of getting crushed even if SoA ran out.
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 at 16:33 (GMT -5)

Whew... I finally started the archmageing. First phase was maximising PP (apparently there is a maximum to the amount of PP and HP the char can have). Next step was raising speed to high value by wishing for "potions of speed". Currently the speed is only about 7000+ so there is still some 3000 speed points to gain. Once speed is at some 10000 HP is next.
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: