Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / My first real victory!

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5451 days, 14 hours, 36 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 at 11:39 (GMT -5)

"Daniel, the human ranger, saved the world with his brave efforts and became
a great ruler while saving himself 23 times. "
Finally, I really won. Now I can stick it to my brother... I still have a backup save. I'm probably going to write a story for it. How do I submit it to the HoF? Anyway, thanks for all the help with all my characters!
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5058 days, 18 hours, 20 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 at 11:44 (GMT -5)

Well done!

Go to the main page, and click 'Add your character'. Upload your stuff, fill out the forms (if you haven't already' and go from there. Easy peasy!

Rangers rock!

--------
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5032 days, 33 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 at 12:18 (GMT -5)

congrats :)
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Gulthorpe
Registered user

Last page view:

6126 days, 2 hours, 49 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 at 12:55 (GMT -5)

Congrats Cat Lord Lord. Nice to see you won at last. =) Now lets have a little contest for which one of us manages to get an ultra ending first. Ok? =D
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 at 13:21 (GMT -5)

Heh, sure Gulthorpe. I'm not done yet and thanks all. I submitted FLG but it'll be awhile before its up. Ultra endings will take me a long time, so I think you might win that. I'll try anyway.
-My brother
Cristus
Registered user
The smallest giant alive

Last page view:

5983 days, 18 hours, 4 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 09, 2006 at 12:51 (GMT -5)

Congrats ! I'm still waiting for that to happen for me. I do have a promising weaponsmith ... Congats again !!
All your base are belong to us.
Portrait
Naiyor
Registered user

Last page view:

1891 days, 17 hours, 9 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 09, 2006 at 13:09 (GMT -5)

congrats...still waiting on my first victory...you rock
Gulthorpe
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 at 12:38 (GMT -5)

Well you surely have a good chance Cat Lord Lord. I haven't been playing adom for 2 weeks now and I think I won't for another two weeks or so. Just post here when you're getting close to it and I'll start playing 24/7. Heh, just joking.
Gulthorpe
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2006 at 05:23 (GMT -5)

S
P
O
I
L
Y

I have a really promising dwarven barbarian for an ultra ending now. Khelly saved (yeah, didn't kill him this time =), darkforge cleared and water orb taken. He is level 16 I think and already gotten 2 wishes from pools in DF and two rings of djinni summoning. Rings are in a safe place and wished for AoLS and find weakness in DF. What else should I wish for? Ring of weakness? Should I wait and see if I have to wish for scroll of danger?

Attributes are nice also. ST 22 (working this up as soon as I encounter giants), DX, WL ~26 and TO 28 boosted to 32 with bracers of toughness. I'm a bit worried about my character's dv/pv. They both are around 25. Haven't used a shield at all only two handed weapons. I found Long sting quite early and got precrowned with Wyrmlance. Should I continue using Long sting to get my dv better? Thou I love the damage Two handed eternium sword deals. It's great to kill monsters with it but I too get quite a bit of damage to myself.

And I was pretty close getting killed after those two wishes in DF. Ran into a gorgon. Hit him once before seeing what it was. Then hastily putting on amulet of petrification resistance and killing it off. I swear I would have thrown my keyboard off the window if that thing had petrified me.

edit:
dv/pv problem solved. I found eternium spear of devastation. Pole arms already at level 9. Working up shields atm. RNG must be on my side. I tend to have lots of luck with my characters who are > level 15.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/14/2006 at 13:03 (GMT -5) by Gulthorpe]
ej
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2006 at 06:47 (GMT -5)

how many people have actually gotten petrified by a gorgon before? in my experience they only use their pretrify gas once every 10 turn or something, and when they actually attack the chance to get petrified is also very little. I'v gotten petrified only once it was after moving around it countless time trying to avoid it and other monsters to lure them on an altar, thats the first time I found out they could petrified you.
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4156 days, 2 hours, 53 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2006 at 09:01 (GMT -5)

had been petrified couple of times.
whatever chance is i wouldn;t play with instant kills.

never seen them breathing gas at rsistant characters. neither in darkness.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4245 days, 21 hours, 36 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2006 at 09:44 (GMT -5)

I think if you have very high DV the chances of getting killed become almost negligible. Almost is not a comfortable word for me though, especially with the chance of instantly losing a good character.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2006 at 10:25 (GMT -5)

Dang, I've never gotten petrefied by a gorgon. If I ever see one (I have) I just start running.After I but on my Amulet of Pet resist and on coward. Then I procceed to stay no closer to it then 10 spaces and range it.
-My brother
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4156 days, 2 hours, 53 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2006 at 14:31 (GMT -5)

somehow i memorize eating two gorgons.
one in my starting days just to discover corpse doesn't provide petrification resistant:)
another recently with correct amulet just to check the message:)
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5058 days, 18 hours, 20 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2006 at 15:49 (GMT -5)

I had a great character killed by a gorgon once. The annoying thing was, I wasn't even playing the character at the time. I had gone to the bathroom for a whizz, and asked my mate to carry on my game (who is an experience player himself). I returned, only to find my mate starting at the screen, and pointing out a gorgon that had just killed me. Huzzah!

--------

Excrucior
Registered user
Lord of Harhar

Last page view:

6337 days, 18 hours, 22 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 at 10:31 (GMT -5)

Never really thought much of them. I just try to kill them before they'd get a chance to do their petrification gas.

EDIT: Oh yeah, congratulations!
Meowalaboom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/4/2006 at 14:04 (GMT -5) by Excrucior]
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5891 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 at 20:14 (GMT -5)

Congratulations! Nice win! W00t! :D
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: