Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Figurines of wondrous power

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

gravel
Registered user
if i'm not ADOMing i'm working

Last page view:

5874 days, 20 hours, 44 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 at 00:19 (GMT -5)

who has ever come accross these?

i have played ADOM for about 4 years and never ever seen one of these ( i found statues of course but not any figurines). They must be extremely rare. Has anyone found these in a shop , pickpocketed, looted or found laying on the ground?

You always find something new in ADOM and sometimes it seems you cant find something old
The stone giant runs away in fear. Who ever heard of a stone being scared of gravel?
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5619 days, 14 hours, 33 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 at 00:46 (GMT -5)

I have. They seem to be pretty rare, but with prolonged scumming in BDC and/or deep ID they can be found. As for pickpocketing them, I'm not sure but isn't there some weight limit in pickpocketed goods ? I may be wrong but I think figurines weight more that what is possible.

One funny incident came when I was deep in the ID dipping surplus keys in !oEx to get either magical writing sets or fletchery sets. At one stage I dipped a set of 19 keys in a !oEx...and got a heap of 19 figurines :-)
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5058 days, 4 hours, 20 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 at 01:59 (GMT -5)

Never had that happen before!

I've come across several shops of them before. Best figurine I've ever found is a greater claw bug. Otherwise, like Real J says, you find a fair few in the BDC when you're scumming for things. Also a few in the ID when you're diving. Plus obviously you can wish for them if you want. I've usually come across at least one with most game winning characters.

------

Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 at 02:21 (GMT -5)

PeanutGod: well, it's certainly possible but since figurines are so rare getting them by !oEx-dipping is not very likely. I've used the key-dipping trick often to get lots of fletchery/magical writing sets at once. Using one blessed fletchery set and one blessed log one can get (if one is lucky) some 90 arrows at once (less if either the set or the log is not blessed or a piece of wood is used instead of a log). And since these self-made arrows can have nice special properties (like unerring arrows of slaying) it is a nice way of getting a lot of arrows. Admittedly, most of the resulting arrows are just plain old arrows (my current char has over ten thousand blessed plain arrows ATM).
gravel
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 at 06:33 (GMT -5)

unbelievable .... 4 years and no figures so i make a post and guess what happens?

i just found a Dorn Beast figurine of wondrous power on the banshee level. woot.

i'll use it after i kill the banshee. I have a wedding ring. does she offer anything when you wield it or should i use my bees wax and kill the old thing?

maybe it was all the luck enhancing items i wore and somehow adom new i wanted a figurine

The stone giant runs away in fear. Who ever heard of a stone being scared of gravel?
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 at 06:40 (GMT -5)

gravel: AFAIK the wedding ring just prevents the scream from killing the char (and it might not be foolproof). I'd say you better use the wax and whack the poor ol' fool.
gravel
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 at 07:59 (GMT -5)

at first i thought it was a mimic when i saw the ] on the ground in a strange colour, good thing i didnt try to blast it with an acid spell or something and destroy it. well now to see how long my dorn beast will survive.

maybe i should now say, gee i have played adom for about 4 years and never seen a ...... and see if i find one. wouldnt that be freaky.

hmmm i have never come across a book of wishing.

I"ll let you know tomorrow if i find one.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3123 days, 3 hours, 5 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 at 08:40 (GMT -5)

My last game had 2 figurine shops in the UD... Talk about disappointment - here I get hopes of selling the junk and maybe finding something good, or getting a wand/scroll/potion shop to get some goodies and I find what?
Oh gee, now I can get a ratling warrior to follow me and be utterly ineffective, wow...
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 at 08:48 (GMT -5)

Just curious: is it possible to wish for specific figurines, like "greater balor figurine of wondrous power" ? Now that would be a decent pet, but it is unlikely that such a wish would be allowed.
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5058 days, 4 hours, 20 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 at 13:24 (GMT -5)

At least until it goes mental and turns on you.

I'll go with you gravel. Start talking about WoW with 10 charges, the most I've ever had was 6 (from the Library). If it works, we'll love you for ever.

------

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

2 days, 22 hours, 30 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 at 18:41 (GMT -5)

Wishing for spesific figurines doesn't work, you can wish for figurines but you'll just get random ones. Just like wishing for phasing eternium two handed swords of destruction or whatever doesn't work either, balanse issues.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
gravel
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 at 07:40 (GMT -5)

well i didnt find the WoW or BoW unfortunately. And the Dorn beast didnt last long, got tired of waiting for him to catch up so let him take on a room full of ettins and frost giants. healed him a few times but unless he can keep up with me he's just stealing my exp and slowing me down

pity that companions cant follow to level 50 otherwise i may have thought about making him more experienced and then taking him to the final confrontation
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5031 days, 10 hours, 33 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 02:47 (GMT -5)

i've found a shop of those before but the figurines in there were so weak that i didnt bother wasting my money on them :P
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
Blacklion
Registered user
Jellies... BAH!

Last page view:

5011 days, 14 hours, 12 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 06:33 (GMT -5)

Yeah, I found a shop of them too, but they were really weak. Like kobolds and goblins :P
Noob
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, December 06, 2006 at 17:23 (GMT -5)

I just found a Pixie Figurine of WP. Piece of crap...
gravel
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, December 06, 2006 at 19:26 (GMT -5)

i found a shop of them on level 1 of the puppy cave last week.

good old rng, never see them for 4 years and then see a couple in 2 months.

yeah weak ones for me too.

does anyone know, can you find a figurine of a molach or something powerful?

Dorn Beast figurine of wondrous power on the banshee level was my best find, who has found something better?

Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4155 days, 12 hours, 53 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 06, 2006 at 19:54 (GMT -5)

i believe, monster type depends on danger level. i memorize figurine of ancient karmic wyrm in unreal dungeon (pet shop, i even forced it to restock).

i just realized what sort of megafight of brother wyrms could have been maden...
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/6/2006 at 19:55 (GMT -5) by Soirana]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: